2015 Potential Transfer Targets

This discussion was created from comments split from: Big Ten Roster Movement 2015.

This confirms that the UM interest in Sina is legit at minium. Its looking more and and more as if our 2016 PG will be Sina rather than any of our targets…if that happens, I don’t like where things are headed.

Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina is considering Michigan, Stanford, and BC, source told @CBSSports. Two years of eligibility remaining.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 24, 2015
This confirms that the UM interest in Sina is legit at minium. Its looking more and and more as if our 2016 PG will be Sina rather than any of our targets..............if that happens, I don't like where things are headed.

Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina is considering Michigan, Stanford, and BC, source told @CBSSports. Two years of eligibility remaining.

Not sure what exactly it confirms. Sina denied he had trimmed his list immediately after. I don’t have any doubt Sina would be interested in U-M, but need to unravel whether there’s any reciprocal interest. We’re working on that.

This confirms that the UM interest in Sina is legit at minium. Its looking more and and more as if our 2016 PG will be Sina rather than any of our targets..............if that happens, I don't like where things are headed.

Not sure what exactly it confirms. Sina denied he had trimmed his list immediately after. I don’t have any doubt Sina would be interested in U-M, but need to unravel whether there’s any reciprocal interest. We’re working on that.

Please tell me we don’t…please

Dylan - you think the staff will show any interest in Mike Thorne (Charlotte), he just received his release and will be immediately eligible…has 1 year of eligibility left (played 3 years at Charlotte). Kid is 6’11/270, seems to have decent athleticism and agility, appears to be a good rebounder, and can give you some back to the basket buckets. Think he could really help the team for 1 year.

Dylan - you think the staff will show any interest in Mike Thorne (Charlotte), he just received his release and will be immediately eligible.........has 1 year of eligibility left (played 3 years at Charlotte). Kid is 6'11/270, seems to have decent athleticism and agility, appears to be a good rebounder, and can give you some back to the basket buckets. Think he could really help the team for 1 year.

I remember this kid from Puerto Rico. He really struggled against U-M from the floor that day. The other kid on Charlotte, Willie Clayton I think, was a monster on the offensive glass that day. Believe he’s transferring too but not immediately eligible.

I’d take the Charlotte kid in a heartbeat. Fairly safe to say the 5 spot was by far the weakest last year…can’t hurt to add someone with that kind of size and experience for one year.

I'd take the Charlotte kid in a heartbeat. Fairly safe to say the 5 spot was by far the weakest last year....can't hurt to add someone with that kind of size and experience for one year.

Fifth years are such a crapshoot. They seem like the perfect solution at times, but then are you left in the same scenario a year later? They are a stop-gap and also a risk because you don’t know how a kid will adjust to a new system. I think they take a fair amount of due diligence.

I wouldn’t disagree with you hoops but if it doesn’t work you’re not on the hook for 3 years. For instance Donnal has been in the program for 2 years and we didn’t see much in one year of court time. How well has he adjusted? Is there a player out there that can bring more to the table than him? This isn’t a Donnal thing as it is the idea if you can get a guy that can help your team you should look at it. Michigan should be banging down the doors of all available players after this past year.

It’s definitely a fine line. The thing about transfers that’s also tough is that they usually (not always) left a different program because they didn’t really fit in.

I don’t think Beilein is against transfers by any means (LLP, Duncan), but I just think they are situations where you have to be very careful.

Honestly, id rather take 1-2 proven 5th year transfers per year then 2-3 project recruits that just eat away at your scholarship count while not providing production for 2 years. Im totally an instant impact guy, don’t have patience to wait 3 years for a kid to develop into an impact contributor.

I would much rather get to the point where there are juniors and seniors on the roster. Think that’s much more valuable.

For example, Duje Dukan as your backup big man or Anthony Lee?

Instant impact by top 20 recruits is one thing, but I just don’t think fifth years usually make a big enough impact. Usually you add depth, which is fine but just means you have to replace it right over again.

If Barnes is out at Texas would anyone on that roster be worthy of notice? They have some long players and a heck of a point guard that can get into the paint.

@GoodmanESPN: Cornell transfer Shonn Miller met with UConn, Illinois, & Boston College on Thursday and Michigan yesterday, per source. Eligible next year.

Michigan met with 5th year transfer Shonn Miller of Cornell

6’7 210
16.8 ppg
8.5 rebs
1.8 blk

Anybody seen any film on miller? I like the size for a 4 man. Can he shoot the 3?

He shoots less than 30% from 3

And we really don’t need another 4. Half the roster can play that position it seems.

And we really don't need another 4. Half the roster can play that position it seems.

No, half the roster is forced to play that position, but do we really have a single, adequate 2 way PF?