Seth Towns - Had Quite the Weekend

I too think he ends up a 4. Dangerous skill set.

I read Marc Loving as a comparison for Towns.

I can see that. Interesting because Loving was also very-hype very early in his prep career.

The thing I love about Towns potential to play the 4 is this - the kid is already a LEGIT 6’7 - how many times do we see kids listed at a certain height and show up to college 2 inches shorter. 6’7 with that skillset is great for college. I would definitely have some concerns in terms of rebounding, but his offensive game is very versatile.

Dylan - can you offer any insight on Towns’ passing?

For all the gems the staff has found, sometimes it's forgotten not ALL the recruits have panned out....... Of course I hope I'm wrong because there is serious mutual interest and seems like would be a terrific student athlete. Time will tell.

Welcome to recruiting. Even four and five stars sometimes don’t pan out. Fact is, JB has been identifying the right guys for Michigan’s system and more often than not, they actually do pan out.

FWIW, I think your analysis on Towns is way off base and your expectations for recruiting are out of touch with reality. But to each their own…

I still think Towns eventually projects to the four. He'll add size (muscle and height) over the next two years. I wouldn't say he has a loose handle, but he doesn't have the handle where he can play like an out and out wing guard quite yet. But his skillset, with a frame that could eventually project to the four is a really nice package.

Let’s put it this way, if Irvin has enough handle to be a wing then Towns definitely has adequate handle. I actually think Towns’ handle is better than Irvin RIGHT NOW. Irvin’s handle in HS was VERY suspect.

Just thought about this…Towns really does remind me of a less athletic Paul George. Has a good handle, can change direction, and can definitely shoot off the bounce or catch and shoot. What’s he’s lacking is the athelticism/defensive presence that George has. I seem to recall George being a relative unknown out of HS as well.

With regards to his handle, I see Irvin as the next THJr more than the next Caris LeVert. Adequate handle, strong, athletic, catch-and-shoot. Will be interesting to see how much progress he has made this summer in that department.

If OSU wants him, they get him.

What’s OSU’s situation at his projected position in 2015?

Anybody else think that this may be a case of nabbing a great player at a position you don’t really need just so that your rival that you play 2-3x/year can’t get him?

With regards to his handle, I see Irvin as the next THJr more than the next Caris LeVert. Adequate handle, strong, athletic, catch-and-shoot. Will be interesting to see how much progress he has made this summer in that department.

Hopefully Irvin has improved, but as of last year, I would not label Irvin as athletic. Average athlete at best. Definitely a good shooter though.

If OSU wants him, they get him.

What’s OSU’s situation at his projected position in 2015?

They will have Mickey Mitchell, Keita Bates Diop, Marc Loving and Jasean Tate at the 3/4

Maybe Esa Ahmad, too and prefer Omari Spellman, Matt Moyer and Derek Funderburk.

I’m praying that Ahmad makes it ups for a visit, and OSU passes on him. Would really love to have him. Not getting my hopes up though, don’t have a good vibe on him.

I actually think Maryland might lead and West Virginia is running 3rd.

I knew Maryland was in the top 2, but didn’t know WVU was that strong. Ahmad is going to be a really good 2 way player. I love Towns, but I would take Esa in a heartbeat if we had to choose between the 2. He is so versatile, he literally plays PG for All Ohio for a good percentage of their possessions, excellent passer at that size

This kid is ozzing with potential. I hope this thread is brought back when this kid is a senior. He will look totally different both physically and his game.

So you see all of this with Seth but missed it while we recruited DJ Wilson huh??

I sound like a broken record, but this guy has to be the most underrated recruit in the country. He’s flying under the radar so much, some sites don’t even have him ranked. No doubt in my mind he is a top 100 recruit within 1 year on every site. There was even word of Towns having a quadruple double this weekend:

This dude just had the greatest dunk of all-time! And Seth Towns has at least a quadruple double! @NDkendrick @Corey_Albertson

— TJ Kelley (@scoopIPS) July 19, 2014

Final: Nova Village 62, VCC 60. Seth Towns: 25pts, 6reb, 3blk Tarik Wright: 16pts, 5reb, 2ast Jason Carter: 9pts, 6reb Erron James: 12pts

— Zach Fleer (@ZachFleerLGHL) July 20, 2014

Adidas All-In Recap |

Webb - why can’t we just be at peace with our opinion differences…I’m not touching that subject.

Jim Boeheim throwing his name in the Towns/ Moyer recruitments

Towns continues to impress

Seth Towns is COOKING the defense right now showing it all making difficult shots @VCCOhioWarriors up 20-5 early

— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) July 24, 2014