Rothstein at practice…

What all this tells me is that we are DESPERATE for actual news. I have read more about the Pistons and Ernie’s wife this week than I have actual content. :wink:.

12 Likes

Rothstein is tweeting about mid and low major transfers during the Super Bowl. He loves college basketball

8 Likes

Chop House has incredible sides. If I go to a steakhouse though, I want a steak.

I also don’t get to expense meals at chop house. once I think I went to an Applebee’s and snuck a margarita on the bill for reimbursement. Wild times.

3 Likes

Honestly you could be right but for me the amount he talks about college hoops and the excitement he has talking about it, it really resonates with me. He’s on it all the time, 24/7, year round. I don’t see him as being overly self-centered at all. Maybe a little dramatic? Idk.

I have criticisms of him, trust me :joy: but as someone who is also excited about college basketball year-round, I’m at least glad he is too.

2 Likes

Hahah yes. This.

2 Likes

Williams hype is reassuring for me.

Right now, I’d probably bet on the starting lineup in the 22-23 season being Collins-Bufkin-Jett-Williams-Transfer/5th year Johns with a bench led by Zeb, a wing transfer and Reed, so it feels like it will be a sort of rebuilding year where the guards grow into starters but we’re not a genuine contender. No seniors unless we get a transfer or Johns stays. Williams will hopefully be the rock in the frontcourt as a 4 that allows us to keep the minimum necessary 3 shooters on the floor (assuming Collins and the center can’t shoot but Collins can run a good pick and roll).

3 Likes

Fair counterpoint.

Williams hype is good, because, I realize I’m mostly alone on the point, but I’m not prepared yet to ride or die with Brandon Johns getting 20+ mins a game.

2 Likes

Feels like 20-25 min is probably the ceiling for BJ. We’ll find out in 2 weeks…

2 Likes

A female coworker once convinced me to expense a bottle of scotch. She reasoned that we were on a two-week training in a spot with no bars. Everything turned out ok.

3 Likes

Rainer Sabin says this gas station consistently underperforms and will likely be shut down any day now…

3 Likes

You’re not alone - @umhoops is with you!

1 Like

So I have about 11 pages of detailed notes on DeVante Jones that I’m not sure what I want to do with.

Would anyone be interested in a live stream if I can figure out the tech, likely with a special guest, where I walk through his game at a very nuanced level? Or would a string of Twitter videos be preferrable?

I kind of wanted to do this earlier in the fall but some other stuff got in the way and the football team has kept winning, so I have continued to push it off. With the season starting soon, I want to get the analysis out there since I have probably watched more of his film than anyone not on the coaching staff.

16 Likes

I’m in, time permitting. Love the idea and thank you

2 Likes

I am absolutely in, especially with a live stream, AND, I have the time! :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

I can’t say I’d check in to the live stream as it’s going on, but would 100% watch it afterwards.

5 Likes

Pork chops and scallops? Not sure about that combo

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1453533707227238400?s=20

12 Likes

I think the real takeaway here is that we sleep in May

Has anyone pointed out to him that you can win a natty and still sleep a vast majority of April?

How can you not like the old “surf and….mud” combo?

2 Likes