The Pin Down: A New Season, New Podcast, Plus Thoughts on DeVante' Jones

19 Likes

Nice. Downloading now.

1 Like

We still have the find our rhythm with this but the hope is that this is going to be more of a midweek pod and also driven by a lot of your questions, which we will solicit at a certain time. We also will not be talking about Michigan State, which I assume many of you will enjoy :wink:

9 Likes

A wild @silverblue appears! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Excited for this. My favorite part of the site is learning more about the
Xs and Os.

1 Like

Awesome. Excited for this!

1 Like

This is the podcast I’ve always been looking for. A relatively niche podcast about Michigan basketball X’s and O’s that’ll let me parrot the talking points weekly to all my friends who don’t listen. That way I can seem like I know what I’m talking about without actually understanding a single word Dylan and Eric said!

7 Likes

Big shoes for us to fill.

4 Likes

Wow Steve, for a moment I thought you were suggesting I would be appearing as a guest on the podcast, and I hadn’t heard that! Maybe the invitation’s “in the mail!” :rofl:

1 Like

This is a great surprise! Eric has become a must-follow for me on Twitter, and I’m obviously a fan of yours Dylan. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts every week.

2 Likes

I’ve only listened to 10 minutes of this and I’m loving it so far. Your comment at about the 9 to 10 minute mark about Eli and off ball defense is spot on. You guys really “ham and egg it” so well. And, yes, you both are so brilliant on breaking things down! OK, back to the podcast.

Update:

At the 20 minute mark, “Good threes come from paint touches and kickouts.” Bingo! Still lovin’ this. Oh, and I agree with what you’re saying right now, Devante’ will be coached harder and more thoroughly by Juwan and Howard Eisley than he has EVER been coached before!

OK, at 25ish minute mark. I can see what Steve meant. You guys are WAY too positive! Who does that! :wink: :rofl: Yep, Dylan, I’m with you, I’m taking the over on three point percentage. You have 34, I was thinking Maaaybe 35, but I’m overly positive. :grin:

Edit: OK, last thing then I’m out. Anything Shapiro wants in terms of stats, Dylan just pulls it up. EVERYTHING! It’s amazing and again part of the brilliance of Dylan! And also again, I think you guys really supplement and compliment one another! :blue_heart:

OK,OK, I KNOW, I said I was out, but what Dylan just said is what I was saying right before he said it. Something like, “if he does that at Michigan he will not be playing he will be on the bench.” And then later, “And did he ever get benched?” And then, “He will not be able to play like that at Michigan.” I could not agree more. Absolutely. Dylan you literally sounded like a coach there! “You’re not playing like that on our team, son!” :blue_heart:

1 Like

I havent had the chance to listen yet, but what is the setup/style of the podcast? I’ve seen Eric’s videos and it seems like the visuals tend to help more when discussing the X’s and O’s of the game. Disregard if I completely misunderstood the theme(?) of the podcast.

Plan is to just take time to really get in depth discussing topics. We aren’t necessarily going to be breaking down X’s and O’s, more like a recap of our thoughts the day or two after a game and when we’ve had a chance to rewatch it.

2 Likes

What’s your rate to be marketing director for the pod?

8 Likes

I don’t know… a specialty pod focusing on everything Michigan State did wrong after a loss could be pretty popular here.

3 Likes

I’d go low on a base rate but with a fat bonus if/when the Nobel Prize is awarded.

1 Like

IMO it’s really more natural to do video coverage of MSU. Send Jordan Klepper to campus so we can make sure we have a feel for the mindset over there.

3 Likes

“What’s your rate to be marketing director for the pod?” gobluemd16

Honestly, I could have gone on and on with this podcast. I can’t wait for the next one. My opinion only, but one of the best podcasts I’ve heard. These two guys are excellent in what they do individually, and hearing them together is just really, really cool, and seriously they compliment each other really well! Not just a “Good first topic to dive into,” but a great one. Super job, and I really enjoyed it. Dylan begged for five stars :wink: :rofl: and I’m going to give it FIVE stars! :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

Oh, and I really like the cool vibe with the music, too. Now that’s my style! :wink:

2 Likes

Since X’s and O’s are kind of in my wheelhouse, I am sure I will bring that stuff up occasionally. If I do, I will try to describe whatever it is in detail or maybe post the clip(s) after the pod so people will know what I am referring to.

3 Likes

Very good guys. I enjoyed the listen. Just think how good it will be after you get a few of these under your belt. Can’t wait.:thinking::wink::grinning:

3 Likes