Rothstein at practice…

I like the Williams fluff but Diabate going to play a lot of 4. So is Johns. Dickinson going to play a lot of 5. I’m not seeing Williams getting a lot of minutes at the 4. The math doesn’t add up

7 Likes
7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVgylXJgXyQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes

Surviving a childhood with way too many pork chop meals prevents me from ever ordering pork chop in a restaurant

9 Likes

For me, it comes down to the fact that Michigan might want a more perimeter oriented (on offense and defense) four and Williams has a better chance to be that guy.

4 Likes

“Fantastic fill-up at the Mobil station at Washtenaw and US23 in Juwan Howard’s Ann Arbor! These pumps really know how to fill it before you head to DTW!”

18 Likes

I wonder if he ever had the famous One Pound Pork Chop at The Embers in Mt Pleasant when it was still in biz! :yum:

4 Likes

That would be the reason.
I need convincing Williams moves his feet a lot better than Johns. I need convincing I’d rather have Williams on the court over Johns. I’m confident Johns will be a better 3 point option than Williams.

I need no convincing I’d rather see Diabate on the court over Williams and Johns. I believe, until I see otherwise, Diabate is a better perimeter defensive option than Williams or Johns.

If the most effective front court trio isn’t Dickinson, Diabate, and Houstan, I’ll be very surprised.

Silver, truthfully, I was so fortunate to be an undergrad there when that place was still in business. The newspaper CM Life had a banquet for staff and we had carte blanche. Yep. The one pounder. I’m not ashamed.

2 Likes

I went to school in Mt Pleasant and ordering that dang pork chop never was a consideration. The commercial was omnipresent

Now Tuesday Stromboli’s from Little Caesars was an entirely different story.

Now back on topic!!

6 Likes

Diabate as a switch everything five is the wild card defensively. No doubt he will be an elite defender.

What he looks like offensively as a four is a fair question though IMO.

If you have a lineup with Diabate as a switch everything 5, then it starts to almost make more sense to play TW at the four than other options.

Lot of possibilities… just two more weeks to wait.

6 Likes

Excellent points

3 Likes

The idea of Williams at the 4 whenever Diabate is at the 5 is intriguing and something I hadn’t thought about. Though Terrance and Hunter had such good chemistry you may not want to burn all his minutes when Hunter is out

5 Likes

This thread was hilarious to read through. Rothstein is a character and I will always LOVE how much he loves college hoops. But man nobody frames well-known takes as groundbreaking news better than him :joy:

6 Likes

See, I always sensed that John Rothstein loved John Rothstein far and away more than college hoops. I just don’t see his inherent love the game. That’s said, I would like to know why you think he does. Honestly unsnarky question.

3 Likes

Honestly, I just think there are so many worse sports media people to spend energy not liking that someone like Rothstein who has rather goofy takes with a presumed lack of awareness of this fact can’t get me riled up. He’s pretty unharmful [edit: or, uh… I guess harmless is a word that exists] IMO. The only person who I fail as person with and constantly gets me burning with unhinged fury and passion with dumb takes is Stephen Bardo, simply because it’s mind boggling to me that somebody can get paid to say the literal opposite thing that is happening on the court at any given moment.

8 Likes

Yeah Rothstein is harmless. Doesn’t come across to me as self flagellating at all. Just corny as heck and becoming a little self aware. But overall I’ve come to enjoy the corniness. He’s super nice and funny when he pops up on various other sports/CBB podcasts

8 Likes

This is the all time Rothstein-ism.

15 Likes

I just used “unharmful” instead of “harmless” and now I’m sad that the absurd amount of money that went into college educating myself has done absolutely nothing for the wordsssssssss

6 Likes

Bardo should not exist. To clarify: in any public media.

4 Likes