Roster addition?

It’s not Bell.

2 Likes

Welcome Brandon Wade confirmed by Dotman https://247sports.com/college/michigan/board/102410/Contents/confirmed-re-hoops-140952165/

1 Like

Is he getting a scholarship? Or will he just be a walk on?

It kinda 100% is on him when there’s an insinuation that this is instead of a 2020 wing, he called him top five in the state when that’s not backed by any service, and said he’s going to definitely be in the rotation next year.

Could’ve been a generic scholarship transfer or a reclassification too, so I’m not sure how people were expected to know the details before they were given. There’s nothing wrong with being cryptic, I just don’t get the frustration when people misinterpret it.

7 Likes

Walk-on according to Josh Henschke

So we don’t need to recruit a 2 guard because Brandon Wade is walking on? What? :rofl:

12 Likes

Missouri st is a good mid major

4 Likes

Another preferred walk-on like Jaron Faulds? Love it. That can only help the team in practice.

7 Likes

Welcome! Be interested, Matt, to hear your take on the contribution Brandon can make.

There’s no way one of the top receivers on the football team is going to miss a bowl game against Alabama so he can join the basketball team.

Maybe the two guard spot on the scout team needed a guy. I’d be surprised if Brandon Wade ever played in a contested game at Michigan. But we’ll see. I like Ant Wright generally but this is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

to be fair this kid is probably as good as foster loyer, no? not bad as a walk on

1 Like

If Juwan likes him for the practice squad, I assume that he thinks that Brandon can benefit the team. Looks like a solid all-arounder with a nice nose for the hoop. Some film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mBGXQ60Bg4

1 Like

Matt D’s Endless Motor had Wade rated #148 in the 2018 class.

1 Like

Not as good as Loyer.
Great to have as a walk on.

3 Likes

Sure, there’s zero downside at all to adding a walk on who was a really good HS player. I’m all in favor of it. But it’s inconceivable that Juwan was somehow not recruiting 2020 2Gs heavily because he knew this was coming, which is what Wright (who I otherwise like) suggested.

6 Likes

As far as walk ons go, I’m not sure you can get a more talented one. If he stays to senior year it’s not inconceivable he could get minutes. But yeah we’re not gonna recruit around him

4 Likes

Yeah, that was curious!

1 Like

Agreed. He could very well see some minutes at some point in his career. I don’t really expect that to happen, but it could.

1 Like