Report: Moussa Diabate invited to NBA Draft Combine

1 Like
1 Like

So I guess we await to see if Houstan got a combine invite. Maybe a chance he comes back if he doesn’t get one?

4 Likes

Congrats to him. I think he’ll do well there. I do think bringing Houstan back is more important for our ceiling.

5 Likes

Congrats. Not impossible for him to still return but a lot less likely I think. Best of luck either way.

4 Likes

I’ll be really curious to see how he tests. Feels like he should blow some of the mobility stuff out of the water among bigs but I’m not sure what to make of the vertical leap. If he tests really well, his rim protection issues have more to do with timing and feel.

3 Likes

Will shooting performance swing his status much? Or will teams accept that potential baggage up front?

2 Likes

I’m sure it would help him if he shot it really well, but I don’t know enough about how teams see him. To me, he’s in that Brandon Clarke mold that I mentioned in another thread.

He’s already bigger than Clarke, but I think Clarke had one of the best verts at the combine.

At the NBA Combine Clarke put up the best time among frontcourt players in the lane agility testing which demonstrated his ability to rapidly shuffle his feet defensively. In the max vertical leap testing his 40.5” jump was fourth highest among attendees and easily the highest among post players.

For a guy in that mold, I think you are drafting the physical tools with confidence you can improve the shot with time and reps down the line.

4 Likes

Why is this coming out piecemeal? It seems folks aren’t taking the inclusion of Moussa to mean the exclusion of Caleb, like I initially did. Why is that?

Combine invites are reported out via agents. Not a list. I assume that’s because the list is somewhat fluid and depends on who accepts, etc and then the NBA puts out a list when it is final.

Note the video on the draft thread of Moussa working out with Jaylin.

3 Likes

His standing vertical will be very telling.

2 Likes

Not much implication re Caleb, right? I believe Zagoria is a NYC regional reporter. Maybe these guys are of interest to Knicks / Nets.

Looks to me like he got a text for Verus about which of their players are going. Nothing to do with region or other players.

5 Likes

I gotta look but Clarke shot much better , no? I thought I remember his face up game being superior

3 Likes

Bye bye Moussa :cry:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Gonna be very interested to see where Moussa’s height and standing reach ends up. No socks, I’ll say 6’8.5’’ & 9’0’’. Maybe more of a Montrezl Harrell body type and NBA future? A guy you think should be pretty switchy but makes his impact on O?

Got a feeling his standing vert numbers will be historically poor relative to his other metrics

1 Like

Do they have a standing vert test while holding and/or trying to catch a basketball? :grimacing:

7 Likes

Took my joke

2 Likes