Moussa Diabate declares for NBA Draft, will retain eligibility

3 Likes

Congrats to Moussa, hope he has a great process and lands in a great organization

2 Likes

TRaptors would be a great spot for Moussa, they know what to do with these long bois.

1 Like

Diabolical Diabate

1 Like

Don’t blame him one bit and we will have stuff to talk about for a month.

1 Like

Hopefully he comes back.

One thing on Moussa that I just want to say because it doesn’t fit anywhere else. I see a lot of people saying he should be a 5 not a 4 and I really disagree with that.

He’s not a perfect college four right now but he projects as a four all the way for me. I don’t really understand the notion that he’s being held back by playing power forward.

9 Likes

How much do you think NIL has to do with some of these decisions? E.g., Dickinson getting real amount of money and Moussa probably on the outside looking in because of international student visa rules

4 Likes
6 Likes

Really curious if Moussa gets a combine invite and how he tests.

5 Likes

when do invites go out?

1 Like

I bet he does get one

Best of luck to Moussa. Selfishly I’d love for him to come back, he has unbelievable potential and think he would be a monster in the Big Ten next year. But if he can get drafted this year I’m happy for him and will be rooting for him wherever he lands.

Your turn Caleb!

4 Likes

Because of his frame? His game feels explicitly like a small ball 5 in the NBA to me, but it’s possible he doesn’t have the frame to put on that weight.

2 Likes

Mostly because he’s quick, pretty skilled and his movement is really his strongest feature. He feels like a perfect second big, not really as a rim protector or guy defending the block.

If you want to say “small ball five” is just not playing a center, then maybe? I just don’t think he’d be an ideal guy to play center for a whole college season necessarily.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I was thinking projectability from an NBA perspective. Think he could fit there as a change of pace option in backup minutes at the 5.

In college, idk if he’s really an ideal player in 30+ minutes at either spot.

1 Like

I guess I just see him kind of ideally as a second big… something like Brandon Clarke? :man_shrugging: I don’t watch much NBA though.

3 Likes

Yeah, Clarke plays most of his minutes with Jaren Jackson as the small ball 5, then as the lone big at the 5 with Zaire Williams at 4.

Point is, he’s played next to a guy who can, in theory, shoot.

1 Like

I think if you’re projecting a guy to the 4 and the caveat is you really need the 5 to shoot and protect the rim, you’re saying something about how hard it’ll be for Moussa to thread the needle at that position. The 5 is more natural for his frame and athleticism IMO but he hasn’t shown he can do the things you’d need to do defensively there either.

So I dk, I see arguments why he could stick it at either but mostly what I see is how unlikely it is he’s a fit for the NBA without not very probable improvements shooting and/or on defense.

3 Likes

I don’t think shooting makes you a four though. There are all sorts of fives who space the floor. Moussa isn’t overly physical, isn’t overly strong and isn’t a dominant rim protector. All of his upside IMO is the ability to move his feet on offense and defense.

6 Likes