2022 NBA Draft Discussion

I mean, I do think that there are some guys who get a 53rd pick and want for whatever reason to push that up vs stay in (Franz last year, if he had entered). And guys mocked at 75 who are just done (see Devante). So I think it isn’t quite that straightforward. But as a rule of thumb, and i would speculate especially for freshmen who saw themselves preseason as OAD, I suspect that’s pretty accurate.

Hyunjung Lee moves like he has cement in his Nikes. He’s an Estonian league Duncan Robinson.

The guys in the combine number inflated a little because between G League Ignite and Europeans you had close to 10 guys who weren’t sacrificing anything to stay in the draft.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t the update people care as much about but DeVante did not receive an initial invite to either combine (NBA or G League). Got a G League Elite Camp invite last year.

4 Likes

No news on Caleb or Moussa getting combine invites yet?

4 Likes

Rocking the Adrien Nunez tee, what a great teammate.

4 Likes

He’s certainly got energy.

2 Likes

Moussa looked a lot smoother than Williams. He did get rejected by the rim again though :laughing:

12 Likes

After watching Williams go through I literally thought, “I bet Moussa ends the drill with 6 layups in a row instead of dunks…” - Then he got rejected by the rim.

And no negative on Moussa, just needs to work on that explosion. He’s got tools.

3 Likes

RHJ was invited to the NBA draft combine. Ranked #63 on ESPN’s big board.

4 Likes

That video supported the narrative I’ve had around Diabate this whole time - give him space to move and he’s a pretty dynamic athlete. Ask him to leap in traffic or without a run up and he’s pretty average. That’s not necessarily uncommon and doesn’t mean he won’t be successful…but for a big who’s biggest advantage is his athleticism, it is a concern.

He needs to overcome that either with training…or developing other skills like a jump shot or better handle.

Frankly…I’m not sure what that drill is really doing. I guess conditioning? Isn’t really developing a skill.

1 Like

It’s conditioning related. More of a workout than anything

1 Like

No surprise here. Whoever gets RHJ in the second round will be making out like bandits.

There are few bits on here I enjoy as much as your RHJ love.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Report: Moussa Diabate invited to NBA Draft Combine

3 Likes

It’s interesting that the Pistons subreddit are in love with Sharpe but that’s due to Sharpe not playing against D1 competition and not playing in a competitive basketball environment for a year. I still think it’s crazy that they preferred him to Sharpe. Yes, Sharpe was the #1 overall recruit in '22 class but it’s hard to see what he can do without seeing him play live. If the Pistons somehow doesn’t get a top 4 pick, I might be okay with Weaver swinging for Sharpe but that’s risky.

2 Likes

They were going gaga for Jaden Hardy last year. If you don’t follow college basketball, you never reach the point where you learn how useless high school tapes are at demonstrating preparedness at the next level. You take Kobe Bufkin’s tape from hs you’d think he’d be Kobe Bryant. Chet and Paolo’s HS highlights were just as if not more impressive than Sharpe’s.

This isn’t to say Sharpe can’t be this all world prospect but it’s literally impossible to know without watching him against college or Gleague competition and I wouldn’t want the Pistons to take that risk. Everyone seems to think Sharpe is better and more athletic than Ivey but one thing is doing it on the court and another thing to jump during drills.

2 Likes

I trust ESPN, B/R and The Athletic. And it looks like they have a consensus Top 7 which is perfect since the Pistons can’t fall lower than that.

2 Likes