Hunter Dickinson declares for NBA Draft, will retain eligibility

4 Likes

wonder if Davis is still an option

1 Like

Putting this here til Dylan gets his post up. I had a heart attack when I saw this

2 Likes

Presume this is just testing, but very weird that he waited so long. Wonder if there was something recently that pushed him towards this.

I’m choosing to put all the weight on the section about getting feedback and that this means that’s what he’s really after. Agree on the heart attack though.

10 Likes

Oh Boy. Hope it’s just for gathering information, and he hasn’t already gotten inside information that he’ll be drafted

2 Likes

I mean for our sakes haha, it would be good for him if he did of course

When are the dates to withdraw? The combine is June 21-27

2 Likes

Added that to the post. July 7th is the deadline.

2 Likes

It is worth noting that “testing the waters” actually applies this year because players will be able to do in-person workouts.

1 Like

More than 5 weeks until the deadline. That’ll be a trip for us message board posters

1 Like

It was a pretty strongly worded statement IMO. (Meaning, a heavy emphasis on feedback) Timing is a bit strange all around though.

5 Likes

Juwan got Tre Mitchell on speed dial yet? :sweat:

2 Likes

I know you are being facetious but Mitchell is going wherever Tony Bergeron gets hired.

1 Like

Just seems like a situation where Hunter has resources at his disposal and he’s using them. I usually lose sleep over stuff like this but I just can’t picture his stock ever getting high enough (this year) for not returning to school. (shrug). Dude needs a right hand. Been wrong before… often.

I could see him sneaking into the second round or possibly getting a draft guarantee from a team. He certainly has upside. I guess it would just come down to if he wants to accept that as opposed to another year in college. Would seem unlikely that a big that plays his current style of game would go in round 1.

1 Like

What are the chances this is something the program has known about but has kept quiet? Could this explain the reported interest in Joel Soriano, or do you think this is completely unrelated?

I read the headline and immediately talked myself into Diabate starting at the 5 with backup minutes coming from Johns and Terence Williams. We are just fine!

2 Likes

Joel Soriano, the transfer big who briefly mentioned Michigan months ago? I would say that is 110% unrelated. I don’t think there was ever much of anything there.

I don’t think it is a surprise that Hunter is testing the waters. I think I said on a postseason pod I’d be shocked if he wasn’t back next year but shocked if he didn’t declare and get feedback.

1 Like

He’s also older than Brandon Johns. His clock is ticking from what we how the NBA works.

I think it’s a good move but I’m surprised by the timing of it. I figured he would’ve done this much earlier but it can’t hurt him to get workouts in with NBA clubs if they want him there.

1 Like