Report: Brandon Johns Jr. enters the transfer portal

Rabble rabble Ekpe Udoh rabble Colin Castleton. Good luck Brandon, I appreciate youre effort, even if the results werent always there. Happy for his much-needed fresh start.

I donā€™t think the coaching staff did Johns any favors this season by allowing (directing?) him to take so many iso post-ups. Clearly it wasnā€™t working. Those possessions would have been much better spent by giving him a look at a pick & pop 3.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure those were always by design given some of Juwanā€™s reactions

1 Like

I think it will be interesting to see not only what tier of school he chooses (I agree that he should move down a level or two) but also what position he plays for that school. Is he a 4 or a 5? At a P6 school heā€™s probably a 4 and you start wondering if heā€™s good enough to be a major rotation player. At a lower-tier school he could probably be either and get starters minutes.

Good luck to you BJJ!

Thanks for the clarification - that adds Missouri-Kansas City to the list, I guess.

Why not, Dwayne Stephens recruited Brandon. Most coaches assumed Brandon would go to MSU. If Brandon goes down a level why not WMU?

1 Like

Wasnā€™t McGary coming back until there was an eligibility issue?

2 Likes

I actually think WMU makes sense for both parties. Stephens can bring in an experienced player and BJJ can play where there are zero expectations.

If I remember correctly, however, might be some bad blood with MSU. I seem to recall a story of Izzo calling BJJ after he committed and berating him. Iā€™m sure Stephens could smooth that over but still something to consider.

1 Like

Johns might want to at least try finding a competitive MAC team as opposed to an awful one

3 Likes

Thatā€™s how he framed it. Iā€™m not convinced he was definitely coming back.

1 Like

I am open to a Brandon Johns trade with Toledo in exchange for Ryan Rollins

1 Like

They did appeal the suspension so you have to think he had some intentions to return.

Iā€™m curious if Nunez will use his extra year somewhere or just move on

Thatā€™s a good question. If he was more interested in playing time, youā€™d think heā€™d had already transferred years ago.

Doesnā€™t he do pretty well financially from the TikTok stuff?

1 Like

I think he valued the degree. By all reports heā€™s a high academic kid

2 Likes

I like the guy as a human being - he seems like a very decent person. Agree with all who think this is best for all parties. I hope he goes out of conference and would be thrilled if a change in scenery gets him out of his own head. That was never going to change here.

4 Likes

Absolutely. This was my thought, too. BJJ is an Easy Lansing guy, Stephens recruited him. There is a relationship there. Iā€™m guessing Dwayne Stephens would LOVE to get Brandon Johnā€™s at WMU!

2 Likes

Adrian Nunez will be a CEO someday. Book it! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Of Tik Tok

11 Likes

Oakland maybe