Report: Brandon Johns Jr. enters the transfer portal

Maybe, there’s probably “some” money in that gig! :wink:

Seriously, though, from what I know he is going to be a very successful business man whether it’s at Tik Tok or wherever he ends up.

3 Likes

I’ll throw my Butler Bulldogs in the mix. I have no idea if they will actually recruit him but they are going to desperately need size and athleticism in the front court. Right now they have one guy returning who has the same amount of on court experience as Nuñez.

1 Like

Didn’t Nunez attend Stuyvessant or the Bronx High School of science? most likely academics oriented

2 Likes

Only Jamal Crawford was worse!

2 Likes

Yes! Maybe he can moonlight on the football team coaching staff w James Ross!

1 Like

BJJ should take a look at LSU. They’re around 13 scholarships under the 13 scholarship limit, so they definitely have room.

14 Likes

I wish BJJr could do the reverse Mike Smith and go to Columbia. They have an amazing one year Masters in Teaching program (or Social Work if that’s his jam) and BJJ is a no doubt Leader and Best in Elementary Education. But I think Ivies won’t take grad students.

I think Calvin has an MAT program.

4 Likes

Absolutely, I think you’re on to something.

What position would Brandon play in football lol? Offensive tackle?

Wow. He definitely fell off as a senior. Hopefully it was a temporary phenomenon, and he’ll have a great transfer year in some other conference.

1 Like

Nunez should grad transfer to USC and live in a Tik Tok house somewhere in LA

11 Likes

Alma going to be getting a good one

Biggest tease imo. Except this year where where he was horrendous.

There were times he was playing so bad that I started to question if he was trying to throw the game or shave points.

I just couldn’t fathom some of the stuff he did after seeing how good he could be too.

1 Like

He probably would with his girlfriend. He has been there several times last summer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just fired Lavell Jordan though…

I’ll throw my 2 cents in. Brandon has undoubtedly known the Valentine family since birth, Loyola would be a great option for Brandon and a great opportunity to get meaningful playing time. I would think that Dayton might be another place, in part, given Ibi’s success. If Washington had taken the WMU job, that may well have been a fit—but since not, stay away from the MAC Brandon.

5 Likes

Brandon does strike me as someone that will prioritize relationship with the coach that chooses to commit to. So familiarity / long-standing ties will probably play into his decision.

3 Likes

Brandon Johns Jr. transferring to VCU. Is Zeb eligible immediately? Would be cool to see them both play together.

2 Likes

Zeb should be eligible immediately

We may see them both play against Michigan too since they are in the early season tournament that Michigan is in

2 Likes