Brandon Johns

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/40034912758219286/msu-michigan-pursuing-east

Seen this young man multiple times last season. He is an incredible talent for so young and an even better person. His superior height for a potential PG is salivating. He already has an above average handle and it’s only going to get better. His trajectory is undoubtedly top 25 for his class and a potential consensus 5 star. Should be a heated instate recruiting battle for the next three years!

Have to assume Sparty will begin this process with a huge advantage given his hometown. My guess is only way UM competes for a commitment would be on-court success and landing a couple of the targets in '16 and '17 class as well. (this of course is omitting the fact that all the other major programs in the country would also be pursuing him at the same time)

I’m sure the looming change in coaching regimes will play a factor as well (Beilien and Izzo winding down their respective careers).

I’ve heard that he’s a Michigan fan.

I've heard that he's a Michigan fan.

Hope that’s the case, obviously changes some of my thoughts from above. I was just going off the quote in the article that he grew up watching MSU.

Mlive did two articles that touched on Johns today one specific article on johns alone the other a UM recruiting wrap up. He states he grew up watching Michigan state and that he kind of wants to look out of state to see what’s out there. Obviously very early in stage both UM and MSU already involved.

I've heard that he's a Michigan fan.

Are you thinking of Sean Cobb at Williamston? He is a UM fan.

Boy has JB been showing the love to Johns this week. On campus earlier, and shows up at open gym in East Lansing this weekend. Kids a heckuva prospect and a super passer IMO. Seems questionable that JB will still be around when he enters college four years hench though. But then again who can say for sure? Glad he’s putting in the early leg work though. This kid has blue blood written all over him unfortunately.

Johns is not an MSU lean.

Although Cobb is a UM lean to say the least.

Fun little fact- Brandon Johns & Sean Cobb are brothers…

I’ve heard that Johns likes Michigan.

We are going to have to fight off all the blue bloods for him. Guaranteed. That kid can play. Be interesting to see if he leaves the State after this year.

Are you sure about that? Dot said it but it was quickly refuted by somebody claiming to be a family member of Johns. I went back to try to find the thread but it appears to be gone.

Yea don’t know what really happened in that thread lol… I didn’t get the info from Dot.

Really flattering tweets today from East Lansing HS head coach Steve Finamore regarding coach Bellein. Seems to really love his style. Interesting seeing he is Johns coach, and all of the time Brandon has been spending with JB lately. Good omen?

Can we keep it civil without concern trolling and name calling? Thanks guys.

Keeping you on your toes!

I agree Coach Finamore is a quality fellow but keep in mind he used to be on Izzo’s staff at MSU, so there is no doubt where his loyalties lie.

One advantage Michigan will have over MSU in this recruitment is playing time. When Johns arrives on campus, he would have to compete with MSU’s elite 2016 class, who by that time should all be up for 3rd-Team or Honorable Mention All-B1G consideration.

1 Like
One advantage Michigan will have over MSU in this recruitment is playing time. When Johns arrives on campus, he would have to compete with MSU's elite 2016 class, who by that time should all be up for 3rd-Team or Honorable Mention All-B1G consideration.

Not if any of them leave for the NBA which is certainly possible after 2 years despite Izzo’s track record in that department.

I was kidding…basically commenting on Izzo’s track record. I think Bridges and Langford should make 1st team by their sophomore years and if they get Josh Jackson (I’d think he’d go to China or something), he’d be one-and-done.

Ugh, I don’t look forward to Michigan playing vs Bridges and Langford. Izzo’s poor player development notwithstanding. Really wanted both of those guys.