Reliving the best moments of Zavier Simpson's career

12 Likes

Despite being the winningest player in Michigan history, still underappreciated by a good portion of Michigan supporters.

11 Likes

I judge a player by the amount of joy they bring to me in watching games, and then recaps like these. Z is among the best.

3 Likes

Such an interesting, fun player. Not a total shock he is the all time winning Wolverine. Wish he could have played 10 more games. 5 or 6 more seemed likely, but you never know what a senior point guard pulls off in March.

6 Likes

Xavier aged like fine wine at Michigan… even if you look at his much maligned 3point accuracy it improved every year 26%, then 29% then 31% and this season 36%

10 Likes

He’s basketball’s version of Denard Robinson. They were great players for Michigan, real leaders and so much fun to watch. But they had their flaws and some fans just can’t help but focus on that.

11 Likes

Since X has been my favorite player the past 4 yrs I really appreciate this Max. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Max, one of your best. Thanks for a lasting memory of one of our best. Now I can get an X fix whenever I need one without running all over the web. :ok_hand:

1 Like

That was great. Curious…how many of us would list X among their top 5 favourite players to watch of the umhoops era?

He makes my list.

4 Likes

Hmmmm,

Stauskas
Burke
Novak
Walton
Simpson might be number 5, I enjoyed Jordan Morgan though.

Stauskas
Burke
DMo
Iggy
Moe

I’ll give X a spot on the 2nd team though :slight_smile:

Novak
Burke
Moe
Simpson
Matthews

Moe
Novak
Hardaway
Simpson
Matthews

Burke
Simpson
Stauskas
Matthews
Moe

Levert
JMo
Rahkman
Trey
Spike
Dwalt

6 because there’s a pandemic and I need some transgressions to feel human.

2 Likes

Stauskas
Moe
Burke
Walton (Senior Year)
Simpson

1 Like

Burke sophomore year
Stauskas sophomore year
Moe junior year
Walton senior year
McGary freshman year*

*short window, but that 6 game stretch had me dreaming.

X would be 6th. DJ’s junior year was fun to watch too

2 Likes

Simpson
Spike
Stauskas
Duncan
Novak

(Brandon Johns, Cole Bajema :rofl:)

Btw, The score is off for the Villanova game. It was 73-46.

Burke (duh)
Stauskas
Moe
McGary
MAAR