Recruiting Roundup: The latest on potential roster moves for 2019-20

I mentioned on the other thread that I checked it out. Seems to be legit. So therefore, yes, if I didn’t believe it before, I do now. He’s gone.

That’s weird…time stamp on @BP3’s post is meaningfully before mine, but I refreshed the board to make sure I wasn’t duplicating the “news” just prior to posting and that one didn’t load. Apologies for the unintentional duplicate!

1 Like

All good on my end. I don’t really care lol. I think you posted it in the correct thread to be fair. I wasn’t sure where to place it.

1 Like

Poole and his father seem to have an over inflated view of his abilities and/or issues with his role at Michigan. Either way most people close to the situation say he is definitely gone.

Or he dislikes school and wants money.

2 Likes

His Dad said he likes UM, the school. Seems pretty clear that something isn’t clicking basketball-wise.

TMI’s said a couple times that wanting to focus solely on basketball played a large part in his thought process.

1 Like

Not mutually exclusive. He can like school and still place a higher priority on basketball, which is sensible given his talent.

1 Like

my feeling is that Poole wants the ball more than he can get with X at point. would’ve worked out better with Walton

5 Likes

Yeah, exactly…

He might like “the school” but not like school itself and how it impedes basketball progress.

1 Like

No doubt about it. He wanted to be Nik/Caris 2.0.

Wait until he plays with guys like Westbrook…that standing in the corner might be his best shot!

That comment still makes me laugh because if he indeed makes an NBA roster his role will almost assuredly involve much more corner standing than Michigan had him do. I guess if you’re gonna do it you might as well get paid.

3 Likes

I wonder how Harden and Westbrook survived two years together.

4 Likes

Poole probably does not mind playing in the G-league, and believes it is a better place to develop his game

He’s probably looking at what Duncan Robinson is doing and licking his chops.

1 Like

Poole doesn’t seem close to the shooter that Robinson is, but if he thinks he can get there in the G League then who am I to say otherwise.

1 Like

I don’t think Poole likes “playing school” and if that’s the case, then go pro and start your career (either in the developmental league or in Europe).

Iggy, though, I can see potentially sticking around for one more year if the combine doesn’t give him a path to a first round pick.

2 Likes

The two things that stood out to me from Jordan Poole this season was when I saw Jordan on the U-M bench this season openly bickering with Coach Beilein and then his frequent selfish play, jacking up crappy 25 foot jumpers early in the shot clock. Unfortunately Poole is unhappy to be on our team and he should move on for the good of the program.

2 Likes

Didn’t he just win academic honors? If you’ve got some evidence of this, okay. But otherwise. . .

2 Likes