Recruiting Roundup: The latest on potential roster moves for 2019-20

Agreed. I think his problem with UM is strictly on the basketball side. Seems to be doing well in school and was known to be a good student coming in.

2 Likes

Agreed, good to luck to him, I hear the real need is ā€œcatch and shootā€ in the NBA, which he can do. Most of the UM kids are trending to $10M, who can argue with that? Heā€™s certainly in position for success.

TMIā€™s said a couple times that wanting to focus solely on basketball played a large part in his thought process.

1 Like

You can be smart, get good grades, and still not enjoy going through the academic process ā€” the classes, the exams, the study sessions. But the distinction is a moot point now that heā€™s announced his intentions to remain in the Draft. In my opinion, he represented the University well during his 2 years on campus and Iā€™m rooting for him to succeed as pro.

9 Likes

He was Academic All B1G, behaved himself, displayed a great personality and played pretty well, even great at times. All we should be doing is to wish him the very best of everything as he goes forth in life!

Now, I donā€™t even watch the NBA so Iā€™ll probably not see him play again, but heā€™s a Michigan man and I wish him well!

9 Likes

https://forum.umhoops.com/t/2019-guard-nahshon-hyland-target/5138/191?u=billg

I think this thought process applies to most of the team. A majority are focused on getting to the NBA and believe they can get there. School is something they will tolerate during the process., but want to focus on basketball. Most will stick it out to make sure they leave at the right time. I donā€™t know if TMI is spinning the story the right way but whatever the caseā€¦Poole was leaving Michigan after this season. Going pro is better than sitting out a year.

1 Like

Is there any updates on Iggy? I was thinking he was gone for sure, but then based off his comments after the team banquet, and no announcement yet that he is staying in the draft has given me a sliver of hope. My assumption is he is just waiting to see if he gets an invite to the combine and if so, will evaluate the situation after that?