Purdue at Michigan postponed due to COVID-19 protocols

Hope both of these do get rescheduled because that’s two big home games that would be sorely needed potential wins for the tourney resume.

2 Likes

Yeah, Michigan absolutely needs these games. Should do everything possible to get them played.

2 Likes

Looking at our schedule and theirs, neither team would really be able to fit it in the 5 day windows we have open. So unless their are other postponements, it doesn’t seem likely right now.

1 Like
  1. I’d assume other games will be postponed
  2. You can move other games to make it fit.
1 Like

Yep these two games are more important than pretty much every other game on the schedule. Home games against resume builders are imperative

Not sure I see either Purdue or Michigan State bending over backwards to go play a road game in Ann Arbor especially when they both have us scheduled at home, but we’ll see.

1 Like

Yep that’s my concern. Michigan will do whatever possible to get the games played, but not sure about MSU and Purdue. They may try to “duck” Michigan later :joy:

4 Likes

Both teams should be in the Big Ten title race though, which could provide other incentives. These are also two of the games that TV networks will want.

Just feels like we’ll see several Tue/Thur/Sat type weeks for Michigan down the stretch.

3 Likes

I am sure Purdue and rival fans will handle this news with empathy and understanding as it trickles out today.

Why couldn’t February 10th work for MSU and Michigan to get a game in?

Seems like that date would be fine to me. Like I said, I think it is pretty do-able to get both of these games in.

1 Like

I thought the B1G conference was going to make the call on rescheduling games to be played.

2 Likes

The Big Ten office coordinates scheduling, that’s correct. Schools obviously have input on what fits into their schedules and what is safe for their players, etc.

1 Like

I’ve got to wonder if these canceled games are from actual illness, exposure or a positive test? My major concern is not to make up games but hope the staff and players are healthy.

Typo in the press release, as the Illinois game is on Jan 14 (not Jan 13), correct?

1 Like

Such disrespect. Illini fans commence Illini-ing in 3…2…1…

2 Likes

Yeah, the game is Friday.

1 Like

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. While the health and safety of everyone is of the utmost importance, maybe we are catching a break to play these games later in the season. Just being a realist, while both of these games are great opportunities to build our resume, they are only helpful if we win them. And by the looks of how we are playing right now, I can’t say that I honestly like our chances against Purdue or Michigan State right now. Hopefully, that will change. #GOBLUE!

3 Likes