Other 2014's?

Other than Bolden are there any other guys the staff is seriously looking at for 2014? Exum is an extreme long shot so i don’t consider him. Any JUCO’s Beilein would ever consider?

None that I know of. Not likely we’ll see anyone else pop up on the radar until late signing period a la caris levert.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for any JUCOs. There are always kids that pop up late though with the coaching carousel, late bloomers, etc.

Could be a late bloomer or someone who de-commits due to a coaching change like LeVert. After 6 seasons, if anyone thinks that Beilein is going to recruita JUCO, he hasn’t been paying attention.

Posted this in the Bolden thread…

Something to consider with Bolden. Interesting tweet from Evan Daniels https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX/status/398558307612254208

Bolden is going to be one of that group of four. Everyone looking to add to their class is going to take a pass at him so competition will be tough.

That also means that some sleepers will emerge that were overlooked on the AAU circuit though.

https://twitter.com/UofAPointGuardU/status/400809837614755840

In reference to Bolden. Same guys who said Chatman was an Arizona lock. I thought he was cutting his list to 5 this week but apparently he will take the ACT first.

Tomorrow may lead to a clearer picture.

Stanley Johnson will announce for Kentucky or Arizona. The other team will press for Bolden.

Louisville seems to be set with a few upcoming commitments from Quentin Snider and Konate.

UCLA is rumored to be back in it with Daniel Hamilton, top 20 recruit and brother of one of their players.

I saw on the Iowa State board that the UNLV fanbase wants their coach fired. I’d expect UNLV to be in prime position for Bolden.

IU leads for Lyle. They surely can’t have anymore scholarships after that.

$MU $eem$ like a legitimate landing $pot http://smu.scout.com/a.z?s=357&p=2&c=1346537&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3A%2F%2Fsmu.scout.com%2F2%2F1346537.html

If we don’t get him, I fully expect some diamond in the rough to pop up, just thought I’d pass the information along because he looks scary good.

Bolden doesn’t necessarily seem likely now, will be interesting when he announces his top five.

Other than that I think it’s: watch for a late bloomer in 2014 and put the full court press on 2015.

That’s extreme, even for Cal. He usually oversigns by how many NBA picks he thinks he has and not one more.

Since when does Calipari care what his signed recruits think? He’ll recruit over them in a second if he thinks it’s to his advantage.

https://twitter.com/UofAPointGuardU/status/400809837614755840

In reference to Bolden. Same guys who said Chatman was an Arizona lock. I thought he was cutting his list to 5 this week but apparently he will take the ACT first.

Tomorrow may lead to a clearer picture.

Stanley Johnson will announce for Kentucky or Arizona. The other team will press for Bolden.

Louisville seems to be set with a few upcoming commitments from Quentin Snider and Konate.

UCLA is rumored to be back in it with Daniel Hamilton, top 20 recruit and brother of one of their players.

I saw on the Iowa State board that the UNLV fanbase wants their coach fired. I’d expect UNLV to be in prime position for Bolden.

IU leads for Lyle. They surely can’t have anymore scholarships after that.

$MU $eem$ like a legitimate landing $pot PonyStampede.com - SMU Mustangs Football Recruiting

If we don’t get him, I fully expect some diamond in the rough to pop up, just thought I’d pass the information along because he looks scary good.

Snider signed with Illinois.(Oops, just saw that he’s back to Louisville.) I have a feeling that Calipari will pursue Bolden regardless what Johnson does - although I don’t think the UK is leading for Johnson.

If they got Johnson, they have no more scholarships, even assuming they have 5-6 lottery picks. Plus, I don’t think Booker or Johnson would be fine with Bolden in the mix.

Honestly, if it’s not going to be Bolden then I’d rather bank the scholarship for 2015.

Not really fond of the concept of banking a scholarship unless for roster balance. You take potentially productive players when you find them.

UK is trying to get top 20 players Malik Newman and Gill-Caesar to reclassify

I hope UCLA gets Justice Winslow too

I think it depends on the chances of bringing in superior talent in the next cycle. I’m not a fan of just picking up a commitment to have an extra body, there needs to be a likelihood that a recruit will have a substantial role on the team, and preferably not 3 years away. My perfect example would be Bielfeldt, just never understood at the time, nor do I understand now why we just didn’t bank that scholarship.

I think it depends on the chances of bringing in superior talent in the next cycle. I'm not a fan of just picking up a commitment to have an extra body, there needs to be a likelihood that a recruit will have a substantial role on the team, and preferably not 3 years away. My perfect example would be Bielfeldt, just never understood at the time, nor do I understand now why we just didn't bank that scholarship.

For every Bielfeldt there’s a Levert. Maybe not one-for-one, but if you can hit on 50% of those late guys then it’s probably worth it. Kids that aren’t going to cut it will end out transferring eventually probably.

I’m reserving judgment on Levert until conference play. No doubt he looks improved but I seem to recall a certain Canadian that looked unstoppable during the non conference slate only to struggle mightily come January.

Struggle mightily is harsh…

Stauskas averaged 10 points per game in Big Ten games was the 13th most efficient player in the conference - as a freshman.

A lot to answer still with LeVert but is there really any doubt that he was worth offering a scholarship late?

I actually thought he was underrated out of HS, mostly due to a lack of size. I THINK he was definitely worth an offer, but only time will tell, and I’m not anointing anyone after games vs Cupcakes.

Only bluebloods can afford to not take chances.