Nik Stauskas still splashing threes

Does Stauskas have a good shot at making future Canadian national teams? Obviously I think his game would translate well to the international game but I don’t know how strong the Canada team currently is.

Does Stauskas have a good shot at making future Canadian national teams? Obviously I think his game would translate well to the international game but I don't know how strong the Canada team currently is.

Yes – although he opted out of a lot of their youth program last year to stay in Ann Arbor and work on his game.

Canada basketball is really on the rise with Wiggins, Bennett, etc, but at the same time former U-M wing Jevohn Shepherd is still a fixture on the National Team. Would expect that Nik featured heavily into their plans for the future.

I follow the Canadian national team. I am a duel citizen and have lived in Ontario and Michigan. Nik couldn’t possibly be in a better position for the Canadian team as there really is a hole at shooting guard. Right now, the best alternative to Nik would probably be Andy Rautins who used to play for Syracuse.

Every other position is essentially 2 deep with NBA players except the shooting guard position. If Wiggins and Stauskas committ to the national team, in 2020 they should be a top 5 country, if not medal. Need to build chemistry like the Spanish and Argentinian’s do to compete with the US.