NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Florida State Open Thread

2019 Texas Tech D and 2021 Florida State D are two completely different entities. We may struggle to score at times, but I’m not that scared.

2 Likes

TTU ended up with a KenPom DRtg of 84.1. FSU has a 92.3.

2 Likes
9 Likes

That was the #1 D in college basketball and we could barely dribble against them at times in the halfcourt. This FSU is 30th. Brooks and Smith will be up against height, but we aren’t the regimented Beilein team that couldn’t get the gears going to start possessions against Texas Tech.

Conversely, we probably aren’t going to pick them apart like we did athletic teams sometimes under Beilein’s offense.

My final thought is that Dickinson might have a big post game in terms of drawing doubles if we can get the ball into the post to him, but FSU’s length means that’s more about running crisp offense and Brooks/Smith using their mobility to do so than just Wagner, Johns and Brown making good entry passes.

Massive Johns game obviously. He’s inconsistent, would be a great time to get 20 strong minutes from him and a couple 3s.

1 Like

If a team gives you threes and you don’t hit enough of them, you’re gonna have problems. Can we drop the Tech talk already?

3 Likes

WIN THE GAME PERIOD please!

3 Likes

I hope this is the game we collectively realize why Juwan was giving Terrance substantive playing time the last few games.

1 Like

I’ve been to tech talks. They’re usually pretty dull, really.

3 Likes

Run the fundamentals, win the game

Hope Smith can have a good game today verse the FSU length he needs to be able get into paint and hit open shots. Hope Wagner is aggressive today need him to get 15-20 points today and hope Brown can pick up where left off last game but he has usual alternated good and bad games need him to score off bench today. Hope Dickinson can stay out of foul trouble and have big game like was in early part if year need him to be good for 32 + minuets and scoring presence. Think FSU length will be to much and they will win hope I am wrong.

83-71 Michigan wins

Oh, thank goodness, we couldn’t possibly get through this game with only one color commentator.

Grant Hill needs a meeting with the Bobs. “What would you say you do here?”

2 Likes

They will still double

1 Like

Let’s Go Boys!!!

I’ll be very surprised if Michigan hits 80.

1 Like

Yup. Michigan is going to get a clean shot from three whenever they want it as long as the ball is moving.

I feel like this is Franz’s moment to elevate and show how valuable he can really be at the next level. GO BLUE!

Yea that whole tournament I was thorougly impressed. I bet on them heavy to beat Virginia. That hunter three had me wanting to vomit. I think i bought it down to only giving .5 or something.

Been a long week. Go Blue!

3 Likes

well, at least they made the livers news official