NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Florida State Open Thread

Since this worked last time. . . . .
My message to Franz and teammates:

F ocus on your role on the team.
R emember to have fun.
A nnoy your opponent by making difficult shots and plays.
N ever, ever, give up.
Z avier Simson toughness is needed.

W ill yourself to be your best self.
A bility is your best friend.
G o win this game.
N ever been a better time in your life, enjoy it.
E ver present in the now.
R emember, stay loose, concentrate, and shoot good shots.

10 Likes

Super nervous. Let’s see how many Busch Lights I can have during this one. Over/Under 11.

11 Likes

Wearing maize unis again!

6 Likes

Listed officials for Michigan-Florida State: Tony Padilla, Brian Dorsey and DJ Carstensen.

Everyone knows Carstensen from the Big Ten while Padilla is mostly a Pac 12 ref and Dorsey primarily does ACC/A10 games.

2 Likes

DJ??? :wastebasket: :wastebasket: :wastebasket:

Oh our favorite DJ!

Z avier Simpson toughness needed.

2 Likes

We got Chaundee and HD to help with that.

Getting DJ is a big yikes

2 Likes

The CBS guys seem to think FSU will walk all over Mich. Go Blue!

2 Likes

I was just going to post this too. Can’t stop praising FSU and how they expect them to win. Have barely talked about Michigan

1 Like

I have it on mute at work, but I assuming it was some type of FSU circle jerk. I like it that way though. Hopefully “Big Dickinson” puts the country on notice.

2 Likes

I’m suprrised FSU doesn’t have better numbers on kenpom.

Kellogg sounded like he’s picking Michigan

“You have to coach like it’s game 7 because it’s win or go home.” Ahh yes because a game during a single elimination tournament doesn’t already feel like it’s win or go home.

2 Likes

Yeah, not a big fan of Wally on here. He belongs on CBS Sports Net.

4 Likes

Carstensen has done some pretty horrific Michigan games, but he’s also done a lot of Michigan games, so you’d probably expect that. It’s Lewis Garrison that seemed only to work Michigan’s losses, including some of the most epic refshows of the past several years. Carstensen’s biggest problem is that he’s so recognizable that people remember his calls.

Dorsey has worked a smattering of Michigan games, mostly UM wins. He worked the home loss to Illinois last year; I don’t remember that being a particularly controversial game.

Padilla hasn’t worked a Michigan game in the KenPom ref rankings era.

But… he did work the ACU / Texas game, and I don’t recall thinking much of the officiating in that one.

winthegame
O LET DO THIS!

17 Likes

It’s been a long time since Michigan has been counted out to this degree. The way I see it, we got them right where we want them.

6 Likes