NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

winthegame

20 Likes

Johns is a pretty natural matchup with a Texas Southern team that starts two 6-9 bigs at the 4 and 5.

Michigan sticking with its most recent starting lineup: Smith, Brooks, Wagner, Johns and Dickinson.

1 Like

Officiating crew: Jeffrey Anderson, Tim Clougherty and Steven Anderson.

Looks like a mostly Big East/ACC crew with Steve Anderson more of a fringe SEC official.

Jeffrey Anderson did U-M’s game vs. Montana in '18 and this is his 3rd game in this year’s tourney (Oral Roberts, App State)

Jeffrey Anderson did the Michigan game at Louisville last year, the Montana game in the 2019 tournament, and the 2018 National Championship game. Tim Clougherty last worked Xavier’s win at Michigan in the 2015-16 season. Steve Anderson has never worked a Michigan game.

2 Likes

KenPom shows me the 19 Montana game and the 18 title game against Villanova for J. Anderson

1 Like
11 Likes

T Minus 8 minutes. Is everybody ready? Go Blue!
Pick to click: BJJ!

1 Like

Chaundee. And, 40 minutes of healthy basketball for all.

5 Likes

Eli hot from 3 today, scores 20+

11 Likes

Really curious what kind of flow we see from Michigan’s offense today… It’s just Texas Southern but a 7-8 minute stretch of great hoops and good ball movement could really create some confidence heading into the weekend.

18 Likes

Agreed! They just need one solid run that reminds them how good they are

1 Like

I’ve been flipping back and forth between FSU/UNCG and LSU/St. Bonaventure, and I’ll just say that I like Michigan’s chances.

4 Likes

Puts on a show for the crowd!

1 Like

Eh, I’m not a huge fan of the white uniforms. I’d wear maize all tournament.

3 Likes

Barkley: “Sometimes we fall for the banana in the tailpipe”. Do the kids even get that reference?

2 Likes

They will when the remake comes out sometime.

2 Likes

Solid start

7 Likes

Bingo Dylan