Michigan Women's Hoops

CBS had us as a 12-seed yesterday, and hasn’t updated their bracket.

I don’t think it’s clear how much they value that win given Holmes wasn’t playing

Holmes played though. You don’t get credit for benching your own player

2 Likes

You also don’t lose credit for beating a team without a good player when it comes to the NCAAT as much as you don’t get the same sort of blame for losing sometimes.

At least, that’s how it works on the men’s side.

1 Like

I mean, can we agree that the fact the played 4 minutes, only after they had blown a large lead completely, indicates she was injured and probably limited

Its not as if they benched her for fun

And I mean, we dont seem to have gotten much credit for it?

Up 3 after 1. Iowa did close the gap, though.

Iowa on a 25-5 run. We’re down 12.

The crowd seems to be about 95% Iowa/Clark fans. Maybe including the refs.

Back within 7 but Brett just picked up her 3rd foul.

Down 9 at the half. Iowa has over 30 points in the paint and Caitlin Clark is doing Caitlin Clark things.

70% from 3 and we are losing by 9. Caitlin Clark is hard enough to play with prep, but as the third game in three days….its gotta be a nightmare.

Down 17 after 3. Do we have another miracle comeback in us?

Brett fouls out, not even a minute into the 4th.

No miracle today.

I may have been conservative when i said the crowd was 95% Iowa fans. Maybe 98%.

That was a really rough way to foul out. Just trying to catch a ball that had been knocked loose.

1 Like

Do we feel pretty confident UM is going to a) make it and b) get a bye? Seems like most feel pretty safe we’re in but not sure about the latter.

ESPN has us as the fourth to last bye

1 Like

that’s decently safe

1 Like

ESPN still has us as a 10-seed but now we’re out in LA, facing Ole Miss in the first round and likely UCLA in the second, should we advance. I like that better than LSU in Baton Rouge.

4 Likes

yes! let’s go!!

1 Like