Michigan Players in the NBA

They actually started Caris in Game 4. Unfortunately I believe Ed Davis was hurt and not available.

Not sure if this is correct but Iā€™m placing the Duncan Robinson article in the ā€œMichigan Players in THE NBAā€ threadā€¦I think heā€™s earned it! Also notice the complexity of the structure, high hopes for DR! Well done! DIII to DI to GLEAGUE to the Show!

Well done Doctor!

1 Like

Am I reading that right that if he gets through summer league and stays on the roster he will make $1MIL?

Thatā€™s the way I read itā€¦not bad, very happy for the young man! Best three point shooter in the G-LEAGUEā€¦per Pat Riley!

1 Like

What it means is that his NBA salary doesnā€™t get picked up unless he makes the team out of camp.

Essentially, his two-way service time was up this year, the Heat needed to convert him (and Maten) to NBA contracts in order to continue to allow them to play on the NBA roster, and this was the least possible commitment they could extend in order to do that AND retain some control over them during the off-season.

1 Like

Thanks Mgl

Trey Burkeā€¦

5 Likes
8 Likes

Would love to see Trey Burke w/ the Pistons (for selfish reasons)

2 Likes

Mo to Washington, which is an awful franchise and in no place to be successful for a long time. But heā€™ll get a chance to play. Also, heā€™s not on the East Coast and can visit his borther Franz more often in AA

4 Likes

Yeah I think getting traded to a literal zombie franchise (no front office in place means nobody ā€œownsā€ the players they just acquired) is close to worst case scenario. He may get some minutes, short-term, but with no franchise leadership in place, they have no investment in him.

Itā€™s definitely not the best place to be traded to if youā€™re Mo, but he wasnā€™t in the best place before either. Lakers FO dysfunction has really shown itself over the past few months, and you gotta think anytime you play on a team with Bron youā€™re either 1. exceptionally talented/good bargain 2. one of his boys or 3. havenā€™t been traded yet for 1 or 2. Hopefully Mo gets some minutes with the Wiz and is able to show value. I donā€™t see a lot of promise that he sticks there, but with some playing time could earn himself a chance with a more consistent org.

1 Like

Gores and Stefanski shoulda done us a solid by getting him for the Pistons. Their fault for putting the Beilein idea in Gilbertā€™s head in the first place. (No, I donā€™t know that for sure, but seems reasonable so eff all those effing effers anyway)

Good luck to GRIIIā€¦heā€™s looking for a new home.

Nikā€¦looking for a home!

1 Like

Russell out, Kyrie in, KD still a year away with injury. Should be tons of opportunity in the coming year.

2 Likes

Did you guys notice the name right below the piece on Stauskas? Jamal Crawford is into his 19th season, tying Juwanā€™s record. I believe that KG holds the NBA record at 21 season.

1 Like

Next year - likely not. Durant isnā€™t playing, Russell and Irving had similar usages.

When Durant returns, it just means Caris will be used a lot less.

1 Like

This is apropos of nothing now that Mo no longer plays for them, but re: Leonard getting with Magic to find out just how nuts the Lakers really are. . . might not be the guy to ask.

I think heā€™s on year 4 of his rookie deal, which means he should be a restricted free agent at the end of next year. So, if he has a good year next year it will basically be an audition for his next team (not saying levert, Durant, and kyrie canā€™t coexist, but the financials become an issue).

1 Like