Josh Langford to Michigan State

Breaking Recruiting News : ESPN 100 No. 13 SG Josh Langford has informed @ESPNRNHoops he is headed to Michigan State.

— Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) June 22, 2015

sigh.

Man Battle might have really screwed us here. The MSU commit might influence Winston heavily as well. I’ve always kept a positive mindset when it comes to recruiting but UM has caught some tough breaks…Beilein is such a great coach but we have to step up the recruiting.

The outlook does not feel positive in any way these days. If Cumberland is offered and accepts that pretty much closes the door on Battle as the coaches will be signaling to him that we moved on. It will not be an enticing class to a top PG prospect. Football is on the rise and basketball seems to be declining.

Blech.

How much room does MSU have in their class? With Ward and Langford, do they have room for both Winston and Bridges if they wanted to go there?

They have endless scholarships. It’s Izzo, he gets whatever he wants.

How much room does MSU have in their class? With Ward and Langford, do they have room for both Winston and Bridges if they wanted to go there?

They could get 1 more for sure. Valentine, Forbes and Costello are their scholarship seniors.

They have 2 left I believe

Things have gone from bad to worse. Always bad to lose out on a 5-star recruit but to lose one to MSU is awful. Maybe this Battle thing will come back full circle. I agree with the poster above…Momentum is there for football with one of the best football coaches in the country here and basketball seems to be losing steam.

Savor this upcoming year. It’s going to be awhile before we field a team capable of making noise in the tournament.

Things have gone from bad to worse. Always bad to lose out on a 5-star recruit but to lose one to MSU is awful. Maybe this Battle thing will come back full circle. I agree with the poster above...Momentum is there for football with one of the best football coaches in the country here and basketball seems to be losing steam.

It would be another topic but I remember and there still is an opinion that Jordan should be the coach to follow Beilein. If Michigan is losing steam on the recruiting trail do people still believe Jordan is suited to follow Beilein?

Syracuse Basketball ‏@cusesigel · 2h2 hours ago
5-star Tyus Battle is still undecided, but weighing options. Will talk to Michigan before any decisions are officially made. Story coming.

Things have gone from bad to worse. Always bad to lose out on a 5-star recruit but to lose one to MSU is awful. Maybe this Battle thing will come back full circle. I agree with the poster above...Momentum is there for football with one of the best football coaches in the country here and basketball seems to be losing steam.

It would be another topic but I remember and there still is an opinion that Jordan should be the coach to follow Beilein. If Michigan is losing steam on the recruiting trail do people still believe Jordan is suited to follow Beilein?

My guess is Jordan’s hands are somewhat tied.

Savor this upcoming year. It's going to be awhile before we field a team capable of making noise in the tournament.

Every setback, the sky falls. Personally, I’m not particularly worried about '16 when we likely will field, at worst, a team of Walton (Sr), Irvin (Sr), Dawkins (Jr) Chatman (Jr), Doyle (Jr) with Robinson (RS Jr), with Donnal (RS Jr), Wilson (RS So), Wagner (So) and Rahkman (Jr) (or something along these lines). (If someone else were to go to the NBA early, then it would probably mean a pretty special '15). Let’s see what happens with Battle, Cumberland, Winston and others, and then judge '16 recruiting – but in the meantime we’re in decent shape, at worst, for the next couple of years.

Not trying to be picky or anything but Doyle will be a Jr not Sr

Not trying to be picky or anything but Doyle will be a Jr not Sr

You’re right, I guess I should panic! Just kidding, thanks, and now I’m going to edit my post for the confusion of posterity.

5 stars, 4 years, no NBA - rinse and repeat.

I won’t be shocked when he eventually decommits. Someone will get in his ear and convince him that that place is a graveyard for 5 star players’ future pro prospects.

I won’t be shocked when he eventually decommits. Someone will get in his ear and convince him that that place is a graveyard for 5 star players’ future pro prospects.

Or maybe he stays because he wants to go to a final four?

I don’t know what Izzo sells these 5 star kids because he sure can’t sell that he will get them to the league like all 5 stars plan on. He sells them on a 4 year college career with maybe a final four sprinkled in but the 5 stars dream of NBA so I don’t get it

Or maybe he stays because he wants to go to a final four?

If you are an elite recruit and NBA caliber, you want the Final Four, but you aren’t staying 4 years to get it.

I would love to see guys stay four years. But if you are ranked highly and are staying four years, then it probably means you aren’t on NBA radars -in turn meaning you didn’t get developed.

I remember seeing someone’s post on another board about a conversation they had with Zack Randolph. He said he got the hell out of there because Izzo was trying to kill his pro prospects with the way he was playing him.

5 star guys want to make the NBA in 1-2 years. Izzo has had exactly one of those guys in like 10 years. During that span, there have been plenty of highly ranked guys that didn’t even come close to making it to the next level.

Selling you on staying 4 years to get to a Final Four is definitely not something any highly ranked guys want to hear.

I would be surprised if this commitment stuck.