Glenn Robinson III regrets?

With a handshake deal in place to send Wiggins and Bennett to Minnesota for love, this really doesn’t look good for GR3 to get signed. Makes you wonder if his NBA dreams really will come true this season. Cryin shame.

His only regret is not leaving UM sooner.

Would it be better for him if he got flat cut by the Timberwolves then there might be a better chance of another team picking him up? Maybe someone with a need who maybe had him as their second guy around draft time?

He needs a better agent.

He would atleast be better served going to play in Europe to get paid rather than the graveyard for college stars that is the D-league.

I don’t think GRIII is strapped for cash. However, his only hope it make and stay on an NBA squad is for some team to think of him as a long term investment. He needs to refine and develop so many aspects of his game to be an NBA level player and it’s going to take some GM that’s willing to take a risk on him for that to happen.

Matt, if he had left earlier, he would have been a first-rounder last year and then playing in the D-league shortly thereafter. His game just isn’t good enough right now to be a pro. He badly needed a summer of Camp Sanderson, but it didn’t happen. He doesn’t have much off the dribble, but his biggest problem is that he just doesn’t make open shots.

I don't think GRIII is strapped for cash. However, his only hope it make and stay on an NBA squad is for some team to think of him as a long term investment. He needs to refine and develop so many aspects of his game to be an NBA level player and it's going to take some GM that's willing to take a risk on him for that to happen.
I don't understand the huge risk to make him your 12th man. Seems like the ideal teammate, would represent any organization well, plus upside is way higher than risk. But I'm not an NBA guy.
Matt, if he had left earlier, he would have been a first-rounder last year and then playing in the D-league shortly thereafter.

I think he would be perfectly fine with that.

In reality your right about all of those things LA wolverine. The truly dissapointing thing with American Kids so often is that they loathe school work and going to class so much so that they can’t wait to get away from college. Your definitely not going to become a worse player at camp Sanderson.

Matt, if he had left earlier, he would have been a first-rounder last year and then playing in the D-league shortly thereafter. His game just isn't good enough right now to be a pro. He badly needed a summer of Camp Sanderson, but it didn't happen. He doesn't have much off the dribble, but his biggest problem is that he just doesn't make open shots.

Maybe, but he would’ve been a guaranteed millionaire, which I’m sure is what he hits himself in the head every night of his life. In real life money>improvement every day of the week

Matt D, you are right. Although nobody is diasapointed in themselves for earning a degree from a prestigious university. The earning potential that a degree from Michigan brings can easily earn that Million back for you. I’m sure Duncan Robinson can tell you that as he will graduate from Michigan and camp Sanderson.

Key word is can, but that’s no guarantee. 1st rD pick is an actual guarantee of millions. Could care less what Robinson can tell me because its common sense

Agree with Matt D on this…he missed the guaranteed money and that’s the difference. There is so much more invested from the team when they have to pay you, thus they have a vested interest in your progression. I believe Manny and Darius are in the same situation.

That’s a flawed argument also because after your one guaranteed contract is up…becoming a washed up or injured former basketball player gets expensive with little financial sustainability. Many players in the nba life style spend their few million right away in homes and cars and when they don’t get that next contract…you get the idea.

No, it’s not flawed logic. You’re making assumptions based on reports of lavish lifestyles that don’t apply to the majority. Guaranteed millions over 3-4 years > UM undergrad degree by a HUGE margin and we all know it. Simple math

Tough to turn down $4-5 million over three years even if you wash out. That’s a life time of salary for most people. When Manny first left I thought it was a mistake but he made over a million in his first year. Some say shortsighted but the window is small…good luck to Glen.

You’re making a assumptions that he would have been a high first round pick as opposed to a low first round pick which is a different of millions and IF…IF, a first round pick at all. And don’t say that would have been a guarantee because it wasn’t. And we will never know. So don’t say I’m the only one making assumptions. And he may still become a great player. In essence We ALL are speculating. To say my logic is flawed is foolish. If there is a reasonable possibility any scenario could be conceivable it must be recognized as a reasonable.

…are you GR3?

…are you GR3?

Are you my brother’s keeper?