Michigan Players in the NBA

Duncan scores a career high 15 in the game on 5/12 from the floor, 3/9 from 3.

Caris with an efficient 10 points on 4/5 from the field in 20 min. Nets won the game in Dwyane Wade’s last game ever.

DJ Wilson had 18 points and 17 rebounds in a losing effort against the Thunder. The Bucks had already clinched the best record in the NBA prior to this game.

GRIII with 9 points and 8 rebounds as the Pistons beat the Knicks to claim the 8th and final seed in the eastern conference.

11 Likes

Gotta love that he tapped Dunc as if to say “my bad” right after. Caris showing some U of M respect even after that.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Great piece about Moe, about the rigors of adapting to life in the U.S., at Michigan and in the NBA. From a writer for the Suddeutsche Zeitung. Suffice it to say that it hasn’t all been easy:

4 Likes

Thanks Mattski…its easy to forget these players are kids and not just an object of our entertainment. Happy for Moe…good luck to the young man!

3 Likes

Awesome read, @Mattski ! Thanks!

“Los Angeles has so many people who simply have to show off how rich they are,” [Wagner] says. “Dear Lord, let me never become like that.”

5 Likes
7 Likes

Caris in action…

2 Likes

What shocked me was that the Sixers couldn’t stop Caris and Dinwiddie (whoops, Pistons) from getting to the cup at all. Simmons was seriously lackluster on Dinwiddie, but Caris going around Butler (one a an all-defensive performer, now a bit diminished, but still) with ease shocked me. The only thing that stopped either was the occasional rim presence of Embiid.

1 Like

Middleton would be a nice piece for the Pistons right now too

1 Like

Surprised Blake didn’t play. I had a pretty big teaser going into that game riding on the pistons but I thought he’d play.

That’s crazy.

Caris Levert just scored 14 straight points for the Nets to start the second quarter. Game on TNT, it’s a blast to watch so far

1 Like

Caris is ballin!

I really do not understand Brooklyn’s rotation.

It’s been pretty effective. I understand the logic actually for the most part. Russell is so ball dominant, I think it makes sense to pair them up like that.

Highlights of the Levert spurt

4 Likes

I fell off my couch during this portion. Gave the fiancée a good laugh

1 Like

Lot’s of Moose abuse in there. Greg just did not scare Caris at all.

The Nets seems to perennially be digging themselves a massive hole in the first 8 minutes of each quarter that the bench needs to dig out of. I’m still not positive that Russell is better than their 3rd best ball-dominant player (behind Levert and Dinwiddie). Regardless, it seems to me that their best 5 had 3 bench players (Levert, Dinwiddie, Ed Davis).