Michigan offers four-star forward Jaemyn Brakefield

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

Brakefield is an interesting offer. He’s a guy who has basically everyone outside Bluebloods pursuing him and he’s a top 40ish guy. Super productive. Not sure about his true NBA ceiling. He’s an ok athlete but not great. Good shooter but ugly shot imo. Can handle a little. Positionally he’s a 4/3. Idk he’s a weird one but he’s really good so I like the offer. I’ve attached a few recent links of him playing below.

5 Likes

Dylan or anyone have his shooting numbers? Shot is definitely a bit funky but I’ve seen people with uglier shots be good shooters

I actually really love this offer. Seems attainable and a great piece to add to the class

2 Likes

15-of-48 from three this summer. Only have a limited sample from HS but around the same percentage.

“Solid size for a forward. A smooth athlete,” Meyer wrote. “Motor has a come into question at times. Skilled lefty. Can stretch the defense with his shooting. Has the ability to score off the dribble. Adequate handler and passer. Good rebounder and defender when playing with passion. Should develop into a first-round draft selection.”

1 Like

Ha, that’s just the write up on his profile. I’m curious whether Michigan sees him more as a wing or a four. Seems like a guy with good tools to be a Beilein four, but that might be a Juwan three.

4 Likes

I’m guessing he’s a 4. Seems Lance Ware is trending toward Kentucky and Williams committed to Georgetown. Timing sort of indicates that imo. I really like the offer though. Borderline 1 and done who should be super productive in his 1-2 years wherever he goes to college.

2 Likes

what about FT%??

A skilled lefty, he’ll be great playing on the right side of Beilein’s offense as the 4! Wait…

Kidding aside seems like a good offer and we may be seeing one of the ‘next tier’ that @umhoops had mentioned not really seeing, or is he more of an emerging late kind of guy?

1 Like

Eh, Brakefield is a top-40 kid who has hand 3 dozen HM offers for a long time. Don’t know that he’s a late emerging guy or a second tier guy, just another guy on the board IMO.

3 Likes

I think in order to qualify for that “next” tier they need to fall more in the 50-150 range where it’s a lot more likely to attain the player because Michigan is among the kid’s best offers. Top 40 kids are heated battles among a ton of top teams and it makes them tough to land.

2 Likes

Now that Aug is here we should start to see visits lining up on these un committed targets Juwan has offered.

Seems like we’re gonna be in the top 5 for about 20% of the top 50

2 Likes

Just need to be in the top 1 for two or three.

15 Likes

Yes lets be the Nomero Uno on a few of these.