Mailbag!

Need a few questions! Post them here.

There has been quite a lot of talk recently about shortening the length of the shot clock in college basketball. How do you see that impacting Michigan’s offensive approach, ability to control tempo, etc. If changes are made to the shot clock, what kind of adjustments do you think the coaching staff will need to implement to still maintain high offensive efficiency?

I don’t know if I’m too late, but if not…With the expected advancement of Zak Irvin as a better all-around scorer and a starter, who do you see fulfilling that 6th man “microwave” role that he provided so well?

I don't know if I'm too late, but if not.......With the expected advancement of Zak Irvin as a better all-around scorer and a starter, who do you see fulfilling that 6th man "microwave" role that he provided so well?

That’s actually a good question, I’m not Dylan, but I think he already posted his mailbag on the blog. My own personal opinion is that it’s most likely to be Aubrey Dawkins or D.J. Wilson. They are both respected for their outside shot (but I trust Dawkins’ more from what I’ve seen so far). And that’s how you become a “microwave” in Beilein’s system most easily like Irvin in the past. This is of course excluding any walk-ons who may impress.

Yeah I saw the mailbag after I posted this. I also guessed Dawkins, FWIW.