Mailbag!

Submit some questions for a mailbag (in this thread, on Twitter or through email) and we’ll try to answer some on the front page this week.

Is our pick and roll/pindown screen defense amongst perimeter players designed to switch, fight through the screen, or do different scenarios dictate different reactions?

I ask this because our pick and roll D involving a big(ie Morford) is generally understood to be hedge and recover, but I literally have no clue as to what the assignments are for our perimeter players on pick and roll D. I see a lot of miscommunication and missed assignments from our perimeter players on pick and roll and pin down screens.

I get in constant disagreements with a friend of mine about LeVert’s defense. I think he is good defensively, overall. He thinks LeVert plays little/no defense at all. So what is your opinion of Caris’ defense?

We’ve lost our last three day games, which have includes arguably our five worst halves of the year. Are we the vampires of the Big Ten?

What happens regarding our scholarship situation if Stauskas, GRIII, and McGary all decided to return?

In the beginning of the B1G season the main defensive concern was keeping quick powerful guards out of the lane. Lately another problem has arisen…that being the inability to contain mobile bigs. Which problem is easier to address? Is it possible to address both? Does this team/coaching staff have the ability to actually sure up their defensive struggles this late in the season?

Is our low defensive ranking a result of talent, coaching, emphasis, effort or something else?

Does Rickey Doyle Look to be The Modern Day Kevin McHale??

It seems like we have had to burn a lot of timeouts this year because we couldn’t inbound the ball. If so, is that a result of poor play design, poor execution, good scouting/good defense or something else?

It seems like we have had to burn a lot of timeouts this year because we couldn't inbound the ball. If so, is that a result of poor play design, poor execution, good scouting/good defense or something else?

+1 And underneath OOB plays…what’s the scoring percentage from the actual play? We seem to just walk through the motions and throw it up top.

@JBlair52 and @Champswest Check the graphs in this post http://www.umhoops.com/2014/02/10/big-ten-power-rankings-february-10th-2014/

Is the recruiting update going to have any more video of the explosions that the Jalens, Eric, and Evan had last week?

Any Word on how the Visits went this Weekend?

@JBlair52 and @Champswest Check the graphs in this post http://www.umhoops.com/2014/02/10/big-ten-power-rankings-february-10th-2014/

wow. fooled me.