June 15th 2016 offers?

JB has a system and a culture…there is no way to tell from video or rankings if the player fits the culture. He has a 30 year track record of building great teams, if you get a 6-7 player who can shoot that would fit the culture…seems like he would offer. This staff does a great job of developing talent and forecasting future development. But the team, team team will always be more important that the player in his system. He will never sacrifice the team for an individual.

Go Blue!

Towns looks great to me. Just need strength and a higher release (which is a product of strength).

I would temper expectations w/ Leaf and Swanigan…

Thornton Jr/Winston
Battle/Murray
Moyer
Towns

Who would be mad at that?

His release on his shot reminds me of Irvin - starts low, ends high. Not the greatest form. Also, Towns shoots from the right shoulder instead of straight on. One thing Towns does exhibit is a very nice handle for a guy his size.

Pretty simple. Michigan likes him and thinks he's a fit and he has a lot of mutual interest. What's the gain in slow playing him? He's playing well this spring and should rise in upcoming recruiting rankings.

He’s a long forward that can shoot it… Two things that Michigan loves.

I swear in every other thread you are wondering why the staff doesn’t offer more prospects…

Well we slow played Grandstaff, Mquaid, Davis and others. Happens all the time. The coaches have to prioritize their offers to some degree. I think its valid to prefer other 3/4’s over Towns at this point just like staff prioritized the Jalens over Davis, etc. Maybe the coaches feel differently, but the beauty of sports forums is that everyone gets to express their opinion.

If we slow played grandstaff, mcquaid, and davis it is likely the coaching staff had a reason due to other recruits or not as much mutual Interest. Granted we may be in agreement that they are all good players and would fit well at Michigan, but there may not have been as much initial mutual interest as the coaching staff would have liked.

Just talked to Seth. He had a great visit and has Michigan at the top of his list. Full update coming soon to the main site.

I think Jblars list is ideal, but I would not complain at all with Guestavos list

Per AAU Coach, '16 SF Matthew Moyer (OH) will camp with Michigan. @ballout4ever Will unofficially visit Michigan June 7th. @vccohiowarriors

Devearl Ramsey is also visiting in a similar timeframe.

Sounds like there is going to be a lot of talent at the elite camp… Can’t wait to hear how it goes and find out who performs well

Sounds like there is going to be a lot of talent at the elite camp.. Can't wait to hear how it goes and find out who performs well

I agree. A good number of guys for us to check out up close.

Dylan, do you get to go observe the camp?

Dylan, do you get to go observe the camp?

Yes we’ve always attended in the past. No video, photos, interviews, etc. are allowed, but we are allowed to observe.

I thought so. Thanks.

Cassius Winston confirmed for camp.

Cassius Winston confirmed for camp.

Thorton, Winston, Battle, Goodin, Guy

The 2016 guard talent at camp should be through the roof.

Confirmed campers:
Kyle Guy
Quentin Goodin
Seth Towns
Cassius Winston
Devin Cannady
Derryck Thornton Jr
Tyus Battle
Matthew Moyer
Skyler Nash
Austin Davis

Jury is out on:
Devearl Ramsey?
Jamal Murray?
Josh Langford?
Esa Ahmad?
Josh Sharma?
Eron Gordon?
Derek Funderburk?
Dejounte Murray?
Dwayne Bacon?
Al Eichelberger?
John Teske?

Really hope Muuray and Langford make the trip. That day of scrimmages should be epic.

Is this the most talent there has ever been at this camp? I know there are typically 2-4 top guys but this year it seems that there are a lot more than usual. Really anxious to hear how it goes.

Should be an outstanding evaluation period for the coaches too. Can get a direct comparison between many recruits.

There was a really great group with with Derrick Walton, Zak Irvin, Monte Morris, Mark Donnal, Austin Hatch, VJ Beachem, etc.

I think that was the same year Devin Booker killed the underclassmen session, but I might have my years messed up.

Even last year there was Chatman, Booker in town for the event.

But in terms of high-level top 50, five-star, etc. talent, this looks like the best group on paper. Especially if everyone makes it into town, etc.

Yeah I remember the group with Walton and Morris… Definitely was loaded… Wasnt Demetrius Jackson there too?

And I think younger they had Jaesean Tate, Drake Harris and Javon Bess

Yep. Demetrius Jackson was there. That sounds correct. That was a fun camp.

Al Eichelberger
Barett Benson
Devon Daniels out of Kalamazoo

all confirmed for camp

V.J. King was a name I was hoping would surface but OSU is definitely entrenched there. Also younger guys like Xavier Tillman and Brian Bowen camping would be good news.