June 15th 2016 offers?

Saw Tillman against EGR earlier this year, was duly impressed. A much better passer than given credit for not just a physical specimen. If he is not the ultimate legacy recruit who is? His mom was a solid four year player for UM. Long way away for him though.

I really love the fact that Goodin/Battle/Murray are big combination guards in that Caris mold which I’d prefer over Langford and King, who are strictly wings like THJR.

VJ King is going to try to camp as long as his schedule permits. He is good friends with Tyus Battle and Derryck Thornton Jr.

Lol, because having THJ on the wing was so terrible…

Lol, because having THJ on the wing was so terrible...

No one said that but a guy who can handle the ball and pass is of a higher value than a shooting and transition player.

Sounds like Swanigan is expecting an offer if UM approves his transcripts. He would definitely add an element this team lacks and perhaps give a McGary-like rebounding presence.

Also, why aren’t Coleman and Davis coming to the elite camp (like Booker and Chatman did last year)? It’d be nice if them and Eron Harris were all on campus at the same time.

Added Eron Gordon to the visitor list coming up.

I was watching the Mary Kline Classic For Underclassmen (Murray and Battle were players) and that coupled with EYBL streams, IE clips and write-up, here are some thoughts on what seems like our options at the 2 (outside of King and Langford)

Goodin- I really hope he gets an offer. Great size at 6’3’’ and possibly still growing to 6’4’’-6’5’’. Reminds me of Darius Morris but more athleticism and his perimeter shot shows more promise. Kid will be a lot to deal with in ball screens and hard to keep out of the paint.

Murray- He is a Stauskas tier shooter, off the catch or bounce. Every time I see or read about him, he is raining 3s. Also very clutch as he has hit no less than 3 buzzer beaters that I’ve watched. Great build but he does not have the speed to play PG, unlike Battle. Doesn’t force anything, makes the right pass but struggles penetrating in the half-court. Very crafty and mature floor game, which is partially due to being a year older for his class.

Battle- I think he has the athleticism to play both guard spots at 6’5’’. His pull-up game off the bounce from anywhere is filthy. Great first step so he can get into the paint and finds guys with ease. Great initiating and finishing the break. His perimeter shot is still developing consistency, unlike Murray, but I think he should be our second biggest target after Thornton Jr but UK, KU, Duke, Syracuse, IU, UL, UCONN, UVA, VILL interest list makes him a hard get.

Michigan?? B.A., Beilein, Jordan??? No One is a Hard Get!!! Go Blue!!!

I was watching the Mary Kline Classic For Underclassmen (Murray and Battle were players) and that coupled with EYBL streams, IE clips and write-up, here are some thoughts on what seems like our options at the 2 (outside of King and Langford)

Goodin- I really hope he gets an offer. Great size at 6’3’’ and possibly still growing to 6’4’‘-6’5’'. Reminds me of Darius Morris but more athleticism and his perimeter shot shows more promise. Kid will be a lot to deal with in ball screens and hard to keep out of the paint.

Murray- He is a Stauskas tier shooter, off the catch or bounce. Every time I see or read about him, he is raining 3s. Also very clutch as he has hit no less than 3 buzzer beaters that I’ve watched. Great build but he does not have the speed to play PG, unlike Battle. Doesn’t force anything, makes the right pass but struggles penetrating in the half-court. Very crafty and mature floor game, which is partially due to being a year older for his class.

Battle- I think he has the athleticism to play both guard spots at 6’5’'. His pull-up game off the bounce from anywhere is filthy. Great first step so he can get into the paint and finds guys with ease. Great initiating and finishing the break. His perimeter shot is still developing consistency, unlike Murray, but I think he should be our second biggest target after Thornton Jr but UK, KU, Duke, Syracuse, IU, UL, UCONN, UVA, VILL interest list makes him a hard get.

Currently, Battle has a list of 20 Division I schools, and he rattled off “Ohio State, Syracuse, Villanova, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Providence, Xavier, Washington, Indiana, Connecticut, Miami, Rhode Island” as ones who’d been in pursuit. But now he’s adding the elite blue bloods into his recruitment: Kentucky, Duke and Michigan, as well as Cal, are all recruiting the 6-foot-3 slasher.

“[Kentucky coach John Calipari] called yesterday,” Battle said. “My dad said it went well, they said they’re going to really start recruiting me hard, and I’m going to try and visit sometime soon.”

Battle called it an “honor” to get recruited by Calipari; he also added that he will visit Michigan next week and is “trying” to get out to Duke and Villanova soon as well. So far, the only campus he’s really been on has been Villanova’s, but he hasn’t really gotten to take a true visit to the Big East school yet.

How do you know Murray’s different? He’s not even on Twitter.

“I don’t like to put too my clutter in my brain with all that stuff,” he said. “I don’t really like Twitter, I don’t really need it, it’s kind of pointless.”

Right now, Murray was fairly unclear on his recruitment, as he said everything goes through his dad, but he did know that he had offers from Illinois and Michigan State, with further interest from Syracuse, Florida and Michigan, though he wasn’t even too clear on those schools.

This summer, he just wants to get on more college campuses and see what’s out there.

“Only been to Syracuse and Michigan,” he said. “I’ve still got too much high school [left] to think about that. I loved [Michigan], they played Indiana when I went, it was a great experience and I want to see more.

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/06/2014-mary-kline-classic-recruiting-notebook/

If Murray is open to being a combo guard (as opposed to a pure point), I’d be very very happy with a class that starts with Thornton Jr. and Murray and ends with one or two others (Towns? Leaf?). Murray’s shot is good enough that he could absolutely fill that Stauskas/LeVert role.

Very exciting times.

If Murray is open to being a combo guard (as opposed to a pure point), I'd be very very happy with a class that starts with Thornton Jr. and Murray and ends with one or two others (Towns? Leaf?). Murray's shot is good enough that he could absolutely fill that Stauskas/LeVert role.

Very exciting times.

I agree on Thorton + Murray!

Currently, Battle has a list of 20 Division I schools, and he rattled off “Ohio State, Syracuse, Villanova, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Providence, Xavier, Washington, Indiana, Connecticut, Miami, Rhode Island” as ones who’d been in pursuit. But now he’s adding the elite blue bloods into his recruitment: Kentucky, Duke and Michigan, as well as Cal, are all recruiting the 6-foot-3 slasher.

“[Kentucky coach John Calipari] called yesterday,” Battle said. “My dad said it went well, they said they’re going to really start recruiting me hard, and I’m going to try and visit sometime soon.”

Battle called it an “honor” to get recruited by Calipari; he also added that he will visit Michigan next week and is “trying” to get out to Duke and Villanova soon as well. So far, the only campus he’s really been on has been Villanova’s, but he hasn’t really gotten to take a true visit to the Big East school yet.

How do you know Murray’s different? He’s not even on Twitter.

“I don’t like to put too my clutter in my brain with all that stuff,” he said. “I don’t really like Twitter, I don’t really need it, it’s kind of pointless.”

Right now, Murray was fairly unclear on his recruitment, as he said everything goes through his dad, but he did know that he had offers from Illinois and Michigan State, with further interest from Syracuse, Florida and Michigan, though he wasn’t even too clear on those schools.

This summer, he just wants to get on more college campuses and see what’s out there.

“Only been to Syracuse and Michigan,” he said. “I’ve still got too much high school [left] to think about that. I loved [Michigan], they played Indiana when I went, it was a great experience and I want to see more.

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/06/2014-mary-kline-classic-recruiting-notebook/

Well he immediately becomes my favorite recruit for not like Twitter.

Ben Coupet

@BenC_1
Taking a visit to Michigan very soon.

Eric said Eron also has visited planned to Duke (June 23), Michigan (June 29) and Kansas (TBD end of June). Eron will also visit Kentucky, Butler and Indiana at some point, Eric Sr. said. Until this point, he had only visited Purdue unofficially.