James Blackmon - Reportedly Down to UM & UK

https://twitter.com/IllianaAAU/status/388360586087907328

Either choice, what a slap in the face to Crean (even though he still got a nice 2G)

It’s not really a secret that UK and UM are the two on top (only two getting officials right now) but Blackmon’s list is officially still at five.

Indiana boards are hilarious. Apparently “Eric Gordon’s recruitment was different. He was from Indiana!” lol

“James Blackmon has alerted me (through someone else)”

Is that like saying “Barack Obama has alerted me (through someone else)…” after watching the nightly news?

If Blackmon ends up going Blue (the “Maize And” variety), I will prepare myself for “John Beilein is a dirty recruiter” comments from IU fans.

Michigan has a lot going for them in this recruitment . Friends on the team , close to home and style of play

Michigan has a lot going for them in this recruitment . Friends on the team , close to home and style of play

Kentucky really isn’t that much farther away, if Lyles goes there he’ll have a buddy on the team (which - I’m not sure he cares that much about, he’s playing on a new HS team for his senior year), his dad is an alum, and the Kentucky style of play probably works fine for him too.

Just saying - the flip side is tough to work against too

Supposedly on MSU campus today with Looney

MSU needs to close out strong here. If they have yet another bad class like last year they could be in a world of hurt pretty much starting next year. Izzo will have to coach his best, to even be an average team (my opinion) if he doesn’t land some solid kids this year

False alarm.

Apparently, Blackmon Jr is visiting MSU campus. Some user claims “Blackmon Jr would have already committed to MSU if not for Gary Harris” lol side eyes

From the MSU board

“fwiw Blackmon’s visit to MSU on Saturday was an unofficial visit. MSU is still busting their *** trying to get him to come to MSU on an official for Nov 2. However, he’s visiting Kentucky this weekend and he’s heading back for their Midnight Madness event. Most people don’t seem very optimistic that he will leave Lexington uncommitted.”

I’m optimistic but…

From the MSU board

“fwiw Blackmon’s visit to MSU on Saturday was an unofficial visit. MSU is still busting their *** trying to get him to come to MSU on an official for Nov 2. However, he’s visiting Kentucky this weekend and he’s heading back for their Midnight Madness event. Most people don’t seem very optimistic that he will leave Lexington uncommitted.”

I’m optimistic but…

Isn’t UK’s midnight madness this weekend, so it would be just one trip as originally reported?

Ok, it makes more sense. Two visits in a week span would have been a sure sign imo. Thank God.

He’s been planning to attend Blue Madness on 10/18 for quite awhile.

Yes it’s just one visit this weekend to UK…
Although here’s the thing to look for…
Sam Webb hinted on his radio show and other places Blackmon could make it back up to UM after his UK visit this weekend.

The coaches invited him back up to campus for a practice… Would be huge because there is a soft commitment date of the 22nd.

Yeah, UK is saying he commits along with Lyles on the 22nd.

• In other news, LSU picked up 15 commit from Aussie phenom Ben Simmons, whose godfather is tied in with the Australian circuit. I really think Bolden would be a hard get, even if we strike out on Blackmon Jr and Booker.

Rabjohns reporting that Blackmon might take more visits. Crean was in-home today.

ugh. Not good news. I hope Beilein and staff can get him back on campus this month.