James Blackmon Jr. decommits from IU

Big news… He committed to IU when he was 14… Not sure if UM will try to get involved or not. If you remember, Blackmon was in Ann Arbor with Austin Hatch for the IU game in March - at least part of the reason for the Crean-Meyer rift. Blackmon and Hatch are close so not sure how much recruiting there really was there as opposed to bringing a friend along to the game.

However… it could also effect the whole dynamic of guard recruiting in the 2014 class. Does Kentucky make a move for Blackmon which affects their standing with Booker? Does IU go harder after Bluiett without Blackmon? A lot of moving parts at play when a top-35 kid from the Midwest decommits a couple months before the early signing period.

Blackmon is pretty tight with Zak irvin , Hatch and Bluiett …But you could see this coming from a mile away he was commited for 3 years and has seen Crean shift more of his recruiting focus out east and just maybe he finally figured out how much of a douche Crean really is

wow - funny how Lyles and Blackmon committed 3 years ago and now neither are going to the Hoosiers.

I wonder who’s interested in a 6’0" combo guard…I don’t think he’d be a good fit for what Michigan wants re: style of play though he is very talented.

He can flat out shoot it … his EYBL numbers were through the roof.

Booker named Blackwell the best shooter in the 2014 class.

Booker named Blackwell the best shooter in the 2014 class.

Wow! That’s saying a lot, especially considering the source.

Blackmon is pretty tight with Zak irvin , Hatch and Bluiett ..But you could see this coming from a mile away he was commited for 3 years and has seen Crean shift more of his recruiting focus out east and just maybe he finally figured out how much of a douche Crean really is

Like Peppers said about Hoke and staff, “real recognize real,” I’ve got to imagine that basketball recruits feel the same way about Beilein and staff.

Blackmon is a stud. Talk to him…if he’s interested - offer. Period.

I would be most worried about IU putting the press on Bluiett now making him less likely to land in Ann Arbor.

I would be most worried about IU putting the press on Bluiett now making him less likely to land in Ann Arbor.

I think Trevon would have to be a pretty diehard Hoosiers fan to ignore the fact that they have been treating him like a second class recruit for so long. Stranger things have happened though.

Also Blackmon Jr just got his Kentucky offer according to Blackmon Sr.

James Blackmon Jr. has offers from UK, IU, NCST, UCLA, MichSt, Fla St, Okla St, Memph, Fla, UConn, Purdue, Minn and Marq, his father said..

— Steve Jones (@SteveJones_CJ) August 9, 2013