James Blackmon Jr. visiting Sat. 8/31!

Blackmon Jr. visit schedule. All unofficial.
Thur. - Kentucky
Fri. - Louisville
Sat. - Michigan
Would Love To Get James !!! He Is A Great Player !!!

Official visit now set for 9/27. Blackmon is on very top of my wish list. I hope he sees us as best fit.

Official visit now set for 9/27. Blackmon is on very top of my wish list. I hope he sees us as best fit.

I think I’m finding myself wanting a dream finish to 2014 in the vein of:

Blackmon
Chatman
Bolden

Clearly a pipedream at this point, but one can dream, no?

I think I’m finding myself wanting a dream finish to 2014 in the vein of:

Blackmon
Chatman
Bolden

Clearly a pipedream at this point, but one can dream, no?

If you’re gonna dream, dream big.

Curious - why would Blackmon set his official less than 1 month after his unofficial?

What can he do/see on his official that he couldn’t just a few weeks ago??
…and I think he’s already visited with Hatch in the past.

Dunno man. Doing it on a bye week is odd.

Curious - why would Blackmon set his official less than 1 month after his unofficial?

Maybe it just works with both his and Michigan’s timing. Coaches probably don’t want more than (2) official visits on the same weekend so they can give the proper attention - they already have Booker and Wilson for the following weekend - and Blackmon may have other things in mind for later in October wanting to make his decision by November. This is all speculation.

Logic is probably that you’ve already had him on campus for a big football game.

October 5th you have Devin Booker coming in so you don’t want him that week.

He’s also looking at UK and IU visits in October.

Logic is probably that you've already had him on campus for a big football game.

October 5th you have Devin Booker coming in so you don’t want him that week.

He’s also looking at UK and IU visits in October.

I guess I’m wondering what goes on during an official that he hasn’t already experienced?

He’s been to campus. Been to a football game. Has talked to the coaches. Coaches have seen him play.

Is it just to have a personal sit down? Are there behind the scenes things he can do that he couldn’t during an unofficial?

…obviously this has to mean he’s very serious about UM if he’s coming back (and not just to catch a free fball game)

An official visit is an all expenses paid overnight trip. There will be significant more attention given to him than just a trip around campus before a football game with the coaching staff. That will include fancy dinners, etc.

He’ll stay on campus, bring his family (I suspect) and Michigan will really roll out the red carpet for him.

Blackmon did visit with Hatch for the IU @ Michigan game last year. You also need to read this article: http://kentsterling.com/2013/03/11/indiana-basketball-tom-crean-screams-at-former-iu-assistant-jeff-meyer/

James just tweeted that a Decision is coming soon…w/ pic of Michigan, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan St. & Indiana. Wonder how soon is soon ? Would love for him to join the program. Would be an awesome fit.

The staff is on the plane for an in-home visit. 2 nights in a row, the coaching staff is working hard.

Grantham tonight? Maybe visit in home with Blackmon tomorrow? Make it three in a row…
Booker/Blackmon…many stating we have a chance with whichever doesn’t choose Kentucky first. Bull - maybe Kentucky has a chance with whichever doesn’t choose us first. They very well may end up at Kentucky- - but its not a given by any means. If it was - they would have jumped on board with Kentucky already…b/c Kentucky could fill up in a flash with all the offers to studs they have out there. Both would be great fits. Lets take both!

In home is with Blackmon tonight.

WOW!!! Love to land Blackmon!!! - - -would be sooooooo huge. He can light up the scoreboard. Come on baby!!!