Jalen Brunson

Jalen Brunson scored 56 points in a 75-68 loss in the 4A semi’s.

Interesting way to go out.

I saw it. His shot it ridiculous. He’s also not afraid of contact.

Lot of Spartan fans predicting he’s going to State now. Hope they’re wrong and just wishful thinkers! Izzo was very visible at his last few games before the NCAAs started.

I wasn’t convinced about Brunson early on but this kid is a 5 star. I really hope we can convince him to come despite the backcourt crunch.

Love to get this kid.
Come on Jalen.

Is that Brunson saluting the crowd?

It seems perhaps the young mans character might be questioned after that display. Of course he’s young and would need to modify his behavior to fit the culture…everyone makes mistakes!

Disagree on the character issue. There was a whole bunch of controversy regarding this and the IHSA was going to try to suspend him for the third-place game and then reversed their decision.

Here’s a video http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_type/brunsons-alleged-inappropriate-gesture

Seems blown out of proportion.

Could be…the character of a man is measured over time and how one manages adversity. Time will tell.

MSU doesn’t seem like a great fit for Brunson. They got a PG in 2014, so even a year closer to Jalen than Walton, and MSU doesn’t have a long track record with PGs. UM would likely give Brunson a lot more freedom to show his skills. And by 2015, the backcourt won’t be so crowded. Even if LeVert and Walton are both still here, and I wouldn’t count on that, everyone else (except Spike) are probably better suited for the frontcourt or could at least easily play there. I guarantee the UM staff would find a way to get Brunson plenty of time on the court. I’d be more worried about Kansas and maybe Illinois.

John Beilein on @CBSSportsRadio: U-M coaches watch recruits during timeouts and on the bench. “It’s a god indication of who they are.”

Disagree on the character issue. There was a whole bunch of controversy regarding this and the IHSA was going to try to suspend him for the third-place game and then reversed their decision.

Here’s a video NBC Sports Chicago – NBC Sports Chicago | Video, News, Schedules, Scores and more

Seems blown out of proportion.

It may be blown out of proportion, but I think it’s clear the gesture was intentional. But I think it was a gesture “towards” the situation (not getting the bucket) rather than an individual or group of individuals. It definitely shows his competitiveness, though I think there are better ways (such as the “and-1” gesture this Michigan team has adopted).

MSU doesn't seem like a great fit for Brunson. They got a PG in 2014, so even a year closer to Jalen than Walton, and MSU doesn't have a long track record with PGs. UM would likely give Brunson a lot more freedom to show his skills. And by 2015, the backcourt won't be so crowded. Even if LeVert and Walton are both still here, and I wouldn't count on that, everyone else (except Spike) are probably better suited for the frontcourt or could at least easily play there. I guarantee the UM staff would find a way to get Brunson plenty of time on the court. I'd be more worried about Kansas and maybe Illinois.

Definitely agree there will be room for Brunson at Michigan, but no way is he sitting behind Nairn at MSU if he goes there. But obviously he will become a better PG and showcased better at Michigan than MSU.