Jalen Brunson - Temple is Likely Destination

Looks like father knows best, in the same mold father knew best with Trey Zeigler. Was never a big fan, but I wish the young man the best of luck.

@adam_goblue Word is that Rick Brunson announcement could be as soon as next few weeks; expect Jalen commitment to follow by end of summer.

— Go Temple U (@Go_Temple_U) June 11, 2014

@sd14 This is different. Rick Brunson starred at #Temple and it's all but set that he'll be joining Dunphy's staff, with Jalen following.

@adam_goblue Word is that Rick Brunson announcement could be as soon as next few weeks; expect Jalen commitment to follow by end of summer.

That rumor has definitely been out there for a couple weeks (see the crystal ball activity on 247)… I think Michigan is more focused on a PG in 2016 right now and that’s reasonable IMO.

Much rather have Thornton than Brunson, not even close in my opinion.

If he’s not coming here, I certainly don’t mind Temple relative to at least one of his other potential destinations.

I think my hopes for Michigan prospects have remained pretty straightforward for some time. If you aren’t going to play at Michigan, I wish you the best, but hope you play in another conference.

The 2016 PGs have much higher ceilings. Brunson reminds me of Derek Fisher and the Brunsons are an east coast family.

Whether true or not, this is why it’s silly to freak out over every single insider report or recruiting “momentum” without any good sources. A month ago some people were positive Brunson was going to MSU because “some Stevenson HS students” and MSU “insiders” said so. Then it was certainly 'Nova. Unless you hear something from someone with a track record or who is close to the player, it’s generally best to not take it too seriously.

As for Jalen and his dad, obviously they have to do what’s best for them, but overall my sense is these things tend not to work out so well. It worked out fine for Mario Chalmers, but he also played at the highest level he could at the time – and I wonder if he’s less able to get jobs on his own now, fair or not. It’s probably too tempting to pass up most of the time. Anyway, like others, I wish Jalen the best whereever he goes.

The 2016 PGs have much higher ceilings. Brunson reminds me of Derek Fisher and the Brunsons are an east coast family.

I would say yes with the exception of Winston. Seen him play 3 times in person this year, and while he is a very skilled player on offense, he is limited athletically, and leaves a lot to be desired on defensive end of the court. Overrated as a 5 star in my opinion, I think he is more of a top 45-75 type of player at this point.

Not surprised …Nor am I worried … Bigger fish to fry who are as good or you can say much better then Brunson who gives you the impression he wants to be the big fish in a small pond

If true best of luck to the Brunsons! Will be very surprised if this turns out well. No way will Dad be a complimentary piece of the Temple program. Seems he was going to direct his son to the situation most beneficial to him. Never gonna happen that way here.

I wouldn’t mind adding Brunson to the fold to coach our Guards if say Coach Jordan moved on to coach somewhere else as a Head Coach. That almost happened when the Butler Job was vacant.

If true best of luck to the Brunsons! Will be very surprised if this turns out well. No way will Dad be a complimentary piece of the Temple program. Seems he was going to direct his son to the situation most beneficial to him. Never gonna happen that way here.

Yea, I don’t see any Dad’s getting jobs in this program. Not JB’s style nor is it necessary.

Rick Brunson is absolutely qualified as an assistant coach. Nothing dirty about this.

Remember when Brunson went for 22 pts / 10 asts vs UM in elite eight ('93 i think)? Dude singlehandly kept Temple in that game.

Remember when Brunson went for 22 pts / 10 asts vs UM in elite eight ('93 i think)? Dude singlehandly kept Temple in that game.

I remember Chaney telling his big man to mug Chris Webber.

Hey Guestavo…you could be right, I just think it could create a conflict on the team. Not many kids bring their dad’s with them…qualified or not.