Isaiah Todd decommits from Michigan, will pursue pro opportunities

Agreed a hundred percent. His game while impressive was scary as how it would translate positively. Wasn’t sure how much Juwan could reel him in. Reminded me about of the kid for cuse ten years ago , I believe his name was donte green? One and done. 6-10 stretch four with all the talent in the world but he definitely was a net negative for cuse that year.

He left for the nba and cuse immediately bounced back.

1 Like

If this is truly because he thinks this is best for his development and not because of academics, then I don’t know what to tell him.

More players have been going overseas instead of going to college, but outside of a couple, when has it truly worked better than going to college for a year?

Seems to me like he would rather take a paycheck now more than anything

I am 100% in too. Johns is going to be a monster.

Johns Drone checking in.

3 Likes

I don’t believe in the narrative that Calipari knew this was going to happen.

They didn’t recruit Josh because they had other guys, they didn’t recruit Todd because it’s kind of doubtful he’ll even make a positive impact in one year. Maybe the Gup circus and the Todd overseas possibilities were a small part of it, but I highly doubt it was the reason.

1 Like

Like some said, Todd hurts the ceiling of this team, even if him unlocking the full extent of the ceiling seemed unlikely; and losing Todd adds WAY more gravity to Livers’ decision. But hopefully, and I’m sure there will be dozens of articles about this soon, the staff will get a replacement(s) and the roster will look better than it does today.

My biggest concern is the long-term implications. We lauded Juan’s recruiting, rightfully so, when it seemed like 5 stars would be the new norm. But his current class, while still good, is pretty in-line with what JB was pulling while he rounded into his recruiting form - and it’s hard to believe we can count on Juan being the same tactician/developer as JB.

Hopefully Juan lands some less divisive 5-stars in 2021 and we can go back to feeling warm and fuzzy about the future

2 Likes

why would calipari help juwan? why not watch a program waste its time

Precisely why Beilein shied away from 5 stars and one and dones. JH will fill out his roster with players who want to play for Michigan.

3 Likes

Remember two weeks ago when people were worried we would have more players than scholarships?

3 Likes

Welcome to CBB, Coach Howard. Seems like a huge gaff on his end to let DDJ and Castelon go. He’s hopefully learned a valuable lesson to never put all of your chips on 17 year olds.

6 Likes

UNC also did not heavily recruit Todd because they thought he was headed overseas, this is not one big time school backing off these dudes. Theres a reason why duke, uk, and unc, the three most powerful recruiters in cbb barely recruited them.

Because they are supposedly friends?

Why do other coaches/announcers support a coach that covers up numerous rapes?

We are :tada:

2 Likes

Point is that Todd was really close to coming, and Christopher was really close to coming. It was only a mistake to recruit these guys in hindsight. This is absolute dumb luck that we have no 5-stars in the upcoming class, not because Juwan lacked foresight in seeing this stuff coming. We finished 2nd for about five different guys.

1 Like

Zoom/Facetime blitz! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Players transfer because they want to transfer. You can’t stop them from transferring. I keep seeing this idea thrown around.

18 Likes

lol wouldnt trust cal a bit as a person, just my take tho

1 Like

@kturnup Needing some of your measured rationality right now! I’m edging towards pessimism.

I love this team as is, and am more than fine without having any look-at-me 5 stars on the team. Excited for the opportunities for the rest of the guys on the roster!!!

1 Like

Exactly. This isn’t the old days where kids had to be released. How are you going to stop a player from putting his name in the portal, and if things have broken down to that point do you want to block them anyway?

1 Like