Isaiah Todd decommits from Michigan, will pursue pro opportunities

Does his source have any juicy Greg Brown nuggets for us?

2 Likes

This. I don’t know how plausible it is, but you NEED to blitz Brown now.

I can say this now that he isn’t enrolling… I have always thought it was going to be very difficult for Isaiah Todd to be a player who provides a positive impact in one year of college.

This is a bigger loss if Livers stays in the draft, though.

10 Likes

I think the board was coming around on that fact already. With Christopher gone though, I feel like he was one of the few paths for a high-upside season.

I think Brown needed JC here for it to be a realistic option.

Sure, but it’s possible that stuff accumulated negative emotions around our fan base.

Also possible that Isaiah made a final call after JC wasn’t coming here.

2 Likes

Yep, always felt that Christopher was way more important. Athletic bigs usually bring something to the table as Frosh, but don’t have nearly the impact that guards have. Plus if Livers returns, we have a pretty solid rotation at the 3-4. Oh well, I’m much more hurt by Christopher and losing playmaking. Juwan has to be hurting though…burned twice in 24 hours.

1 Like

Basically what this has taught me is 95%+ of the time if its a top 15 type kid and a blue blood isn’t heavily involved, then the kid is 1. either going pro 2. the kid is going to local school

1 Like

You’re probably right. However, the appeal is that he could be THE guy next year.

The Brandon Johns hive should be pretty fired up. :rofl:

21 Likes

We’re here Dylan, don’t worry!!!

1 Like
10 Likes

Not Michigan

Count me in! Is Isaiah Todd more talented than Johns? 100%. Was it a guarantee that Todd would be more productive than Johns next season? Not at all.

4 Likes

Does Jace get his scholarship back now? That’s got to be kind of an awkward situation.

5 Likes

Of course he decommits, of course he waits until the last second, of course it’s right after Christopher’s announcement… This is Michigan basketball. Gotta shake your head and move on, Juwan still has a pretty damn good class coming in, and hopefully he’ll learn from this year’s recruiting cycle, and be able build even more solid teams in the coming years.

2 Likes

Lucky that it is the coaches kid, avoid a PR nightmare.

1 Like

Aaaaand there it is. Livers we really need you to come back now more than ever.

4 Likes

I thought Cailmari was tight with Juwan? Why didn’t he tell him to not waste his time?

3 Likes

The fact that Michigan has had as much success with all these ridiculous things that happen is amazing in and of itself.

3 Likes