Iffff we were to look for a coach who would be realistic targets?

No details here, but interesting news that Manuel has a head start in the coaching search.
https://www.maizenbrew.com/basketball/2019/5/13/18618022/john-beilein-warde-manuel-prepared-candidates-michigan-basketball-cleveland-cavaliers

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just plugging your ears and saying ā€œnananananaā€

2 Likes

Dot has a list and Iā€™ll just say lets pray to god heā€™s wrong

Yeah if that is the list, then just go with Yaklich.

Iā€™d rather have Yaklich than Moser. Heā€™s a one hit wonder.

The will be a very serious test of Wardeā€™s hiring acumen.

absolutely yaklich and program continuity over all of those guys by far IMO

Unless it is a homerun, talking Donovan type, Iā€™d go with Yakluch and let this be his job.

Funny to hear a fan base that clamored for RichRod to replace Coach Carr, now playing the ā€œdirty coachā€ card in the basketball coaching search

I wouldnā€™t mind Michigan hiring White from Florida personally if we canā€™t land one of the true BIG fish being named.

I agree. Heā€™s a solid coach I think.

Rich Rod wasnā€™t this type of dirty

3 Likes

White is the only non-big name circulating that sounds better than promoting from within.

Thatā€™s probably a good candidate. Not great but who knows?

Big NOPE on Penny. I donā€™t doubt heā€™ll win at Memphis but I donā€™t think heā€™s a cultural fit at Michigan.

I think a lot of interesting names will be in play for Michigan. Just a matter of who the Athletic Department prioritizes. ā€œWorst Case Scenarioā€ sounds like LaVall Jordan or Luke Yaklich ā€” which are both pretty solid options, in my opinion.

I mean for me I expect Michigan to make a big name hire. Manuel needs to for his own jobā€™s sake. Donavan, Stevens, Jay Wright, Bennett and Beard would likely be the group in the BIG fish market.

White isnā€™t in that group but heā€™s still a good one. Recruits at a higher level than Beilein, has had decent success over the years in the shadow of what Donavan did there, and heā€™s defensive minded which means heā€™d probably be a decent fit on paper to coach in the BIG. Heā€™d be a good one. Obviously landing one of the bigger names would be preferred but White would be a good option too. Cheap contract for Michigan so i think heā€™s definitely obtainable. And from what I gathered talking with recruits regarding White, they really like him.

1 Like

I guess we can agree to disagree.

This Is a pretty good group and largely what I had in mind. I donā€™t necessarily think some of the guys in the latter groups are people I want, but thatā€™s a decent pool to pick from.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of Brey, if we can keep Yak.

Isnā€™t Brey a defense guy? Besides, if we remove our maize tinted lenses what are we offering that ND canā€™t other than recent success?