If you could add one Big Ten player to the Michigan roster

Who would it be and why?

Appling.

Good perimeter defender, volume scorer, can shoot and play off-ball with Caris or Walton, best playmaker in the B1G, veteran leadership, great leading the break, efficient, from Michigan, etc

Kaminsky, Craft and Payne were all appealing options though

Payne.

Aggressive, athletic, rebounds, runs the floor, can shoot the rock and score when given the chance. Plus I think our biggest weakness is with the bigs.

AJ Hammons because he’s a rebounding machine and with Mitch hurt, we could really use a big body that can both defend and do work in the post.

Payne.

He’d work great in the offense as a big and would give us a strong defensive presence.

…why do you ask? Do you know of any trade rumors?

• Or I would just want a healthy McGary!

Right now it would be Amir Williams, but if Mitch were still playing my answer would most likely change.

I think Payne is the easy answer. He can shoot it, he can defend, he can rebound.

It’s crazy how good of a season Frank Kaminsky is having though. He’s a top rebounder, he blocks shots, shoots 48% on triples and has efficiency stats almost as good as Stauskas in a 7-foot frame. This is a guy that played fewer than 25% of available minutes for thel ast two season and had mediocre statistics.

CRAFT! Scintillating on ball defender, Super leader, and a proven Winner!

Yep, love Craft. He’s the guard I would take if I was building a team. He’s a flat out winner. Especially if McGary was still on this team.

Aaron Craft simply does whatever it takes to win. The kid is obviously known for defense, but I’ve watched him make big shots in crunch time over the years. Never takes a play off. As much as it pains me to say it, that kid is the epitome of a PG at the college level

Narrative building.

Aaron Craft simply does whatever it takes to win. The kid is obviously known for defense, but I've watched him make big shots in crunch time over the years. Never takes a play off. As much as it pains me to say it, that kid is the epitome of a PG at the college level

Would rather have a kid that can play offense like Trey Burke of course :slight_smile:

Why don’t defensive metrics catch that Aaron Craft is a superior defensive player than Appling? Just curious, maybe I’m missing something? On offense, well let’s say it isn’t close.

Aaron Craft steal rate: 4.7% (24th nationally), Keith Appling steal rate (1.8%).

Defensive metrics are tough to really find. Are you questioning Aaron Craft’s influence on a game defensively?

Aaron Craft steal rate: 4.7% (24th nationally), Keith Appling steal rate (1.8%).

Defensive metrics are tough to really find. Are you questioning Aaron Craft’s influence on a game defensively?

Not questioning if he is good but the numbers don’t show any gap that would match the praise

His DRTG over a season would be a good metric. Saw this on our lil brother’s forum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140109/power-rankings-arizona-syracuse-wisconsin-san-diego-state/index.html

@guestavo That’s from one game right?

Narrative building.

Just curious - what’s with the “narrative” obsession?

Indianas Noah Vonleh

@guestavo That's from one game right?

trueeee