I Think Potentially Losing LaVall Jordan Would Hurt a lot More Than People Realize

This guy is downright amazing. Sure, I want to see him have success somewhere, but here’s to hoping he stays at Michigan.

I agree. Having this coaching staff as a whole intact is important for continued success I think.

Definitely a great coach…which is why he’s being considered a top candidate for Butler.
Just part of having good assistants.

Shaka Smart was an assistant for Billy Donovan who was an assistant for Rick Pitino.
Thad Matta had John Groce for a few years and now he’s coaching against him in the Big 10.

Good luck to LJ…I hate to lose him. I believe he worked with the guards and did a great job! I wonder how this is playing out with JB out of the country! Also i believe we have a few recruits considering both Schools…sounds like we’re going to scramble for an assistant. I would think if offered LJ could not pass up the job…probably goes from $200k to over a million.

It only hurts if we don’t get a good coach and recruiter to replace him. The elite programs lose assistant coaches all the time. JB found Bacari and Jordan, hopefully he knows of a few others like him.

Unquestionably LJ’s shoes will be hard to fill, but JB will do it, and we will move on successfully. My only immediate concern is JB being in Russia for the month of July. Again, in the longer term, we will find an excellent replacement and we’ll be fine. As for LJ, I wish him only the best. He’s done a great job for the Maize and Blue and deserves this opportunity to go back to his alma mater as head coach. I also think in the long run this only helps us attract the highest quality young assistants, as we should.