Golden State Warriors select Jordan Poole with No. 28 pick in 2019 NBA Draft

You think he has the potential to be way more than Edwards? Tell me more

Yes. Whatā€™s Carsenā€™s ceiling as a pro?

1 Like

Edwards is just as likely to grow 4" as Poole is to get his head where it needs to be

1 Like

Poole is guaranteed to get older and mature. Edwards is not guaranteed to grow.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll give you olderā€¦

1 Like

I understand your thinking and Carson might be better even in the nba but Jordan has a lot of potential growth still. I canā€™t see Carson doing the same.

Iā€™m disappointed at how his year went too but there is still a lot of upside there, I canā€™t say that about Carson really. He kind of is who he is and that might still lead to success. Carson is much more of a finished product as opposed to Jordan.

I was just arguing about this on the suns message board discussing nassir versus cam Johnson.

Cam might be more successful but nassir clearly has more upside and potential if itā€™s realized. I know you get it, but thatā€™s what the nba draft is about.

Cam might end up being better but Iā€™d bet on nassir over him or Jerome every time.

3rd guard ā€“ 1st guard off the bench. Has potential for ridiculous gravity offensively given his ability to shoot off the catch and bounce. Wingspan is only half an inch smaller than Poole despite his smaller stature. Both will only be able to guard one position (no versatility there) ā€“ Edwards 1s and Poole 2s.

What is Pooleā€™s ceiling? I donā€™t see it being any higher than that and not ā€œway more.ā€

Iā€™d be scared by his foot too but the fact not one team has gambled on bol bol yet is shocking to me.

Heā€™s so bad at defense

I donā€™t know if youā€™re referring to Carsen or Poole, but both arenā€™t good, haha.

There are a lot of nba players that are really bad at defense, particularly who are 19. He still has the length and agility to mold into a good defender if he truly wants it.

I would have selected him a long time ago in a draft like this and tried to mold him,

Bol Bol actually :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah 7ā€™3ā€ guy who can block shots like mad and is the third best shooter in the draft.

Itā€™s the second round! Eventually you just role the dice on that.

Congrats to Poole! Could be a great situation for him.

Disagree. I donā€™t think Poole has a higher ceiling. Edwards is the better athlete, and I donā€™t think itā€™s close. Edwards has a better jumper, quicker release and will be able to get it off imo. Edwards is surefire scorer in the NBA, I canā€™t say the same about Poole. Time will tell but my money is on Edwards to be the better player.

2 Likes

JP will do all right for himself thank you. Kind of similar to when Mo went to the Lakers.

clown

None of what youā€™re saying says that Edwards has the higher ceiling. Your points say that he has a higher floor. Which I donā€™t think anybody would disagree with. But Poole showed the potential for being a more well rounded player than Edwards, which makes his ceiling higher when paired with his size and length.

1 Like

Amazed at how many seem to be routing against this young man.

Wishing him great success going forward as he realizes his dream of making it to the NBA. Work hard, stay focused and win a championship.

4 Likes