Glenn Robinson III regrets?

You're making a assumptions that he would have been a high first round pick as opposed to a low first round pick which is a different of millions and IF.....IF, a first round pick at all. And don't say that would have been a guarantee because it wasn't. And we will never know. So don't say I'm the only one making assumptions. And he may still become a great player. In essence We ALL are speculating. To say my logic is flawed is foolish. If there is a reasonable possibility any scenario could be conceivable it must be recognized as a reasonable.

You claim we’re all speculating, yet my logic is flawed while your contention is not? Alrighty then…

In any event, my “assumption” is really an informed consensus. GR3 was projected as a top 15 pick by nearly every mock draft and GMs confirmed that after the fact. On the other hand, I challenge you to provide a statistical study on the spending habits of the majority of NBA players that supports your lifestyle theory. Seems to me like my contention is the more reasonable and logical of the 2.

On the other hand, I challenge you to provide a statistical study on the spending habits of the majority of NBA players that supports your lifestyle theory.

Not making a comment on GRIII’s decision

But here’s the statistics, approx 60% of NBA players declare bankruptcy within 5 years of the end of their careers.

http://munknee.com/78-of-nfl-players-go-bankrupt-within-5-years/

The 60% is an “estimate” not an actual survey

People use the Glenn Robinson is rich argument so why would GR3 blowing through a couple of million matter? I’d also bet a person who is a bad spender at 19/20, won’t change much at 21/22.

Matt D, there are flaws in both our arguments. Just don’t act like Taking a quick few million is the answer and end all. You are at one extreme while I’m at the other. Both have logic and flaws to the arguments. You were speaking as if your viewpoint was the only one that included common sense. Perhaps a proper undergrad education, despite how much you poo poo it, would go a long way learning to manage money appropriately also. Maybe he would have been a monster on Wall Street anyways. Who knows. Plus let’s not forget he could have been an even higher draft pick if he would have stayed and improved, there’s no denying that. Jakerblue, you’re article is on point-my thoughts precisely. Thank you.

There is no correct answer, it all depends on the individual. But I have to say, millions are millions, and as someone with a degree from UM I can honestly say that if given the choice I’d take a quick 10 mill over the course of 3-4 years rather than bust my but at 100-150k per year and work for 30 years. Just my opinion though

Draft stock decreases with age generally

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale
Here is the rookie wage scale. Yes, 2 years and almost 10 million for the first pick. 2 years and less than 2 million for the 30th pick. Contract years after that are optional. If you’re agent is good you will get 3 years. But agents don’t make mistakes.

Regardless you can’t go back in time, I hope it all works our for Glen. He’s a good kid and here’s hoping he lands on his feet in the NBA.

You're making a assumptions that he would have been a high first round pick as opposed to a low first round pick which is a different of millions and IF.....IF, a first round pick at all. And don't say that would have been a guarantee because it wasn't. And we will never know. So don't say I'm the only one making assumptions. And he may still become a great player. In essence We ALL are speculating. To say my logic is flawed is foolish. If there is a reasonable possibility any scenario could be conceivable it must be recognized as a reasonable.

I challenge you to provide a statistical study on the spending habits of the majority of NBA players that supports your lifestyle theory. Seems to me like my contention is the more reasonable and logical of the 2.

“Sports Illustrated estimated in 2009 that 78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers and that 60 percent of NBA players are broke within five years of retiring from the game.” – USA Today story dated 4-22-2012.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/story/2012-04-22/Pro-athletes-and-financial-trouble/54465664/1

The 60% is an "estimate" not an actual survey

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/sports/basketball/06nba.html?_r=0

Yeah, it’s not, but draft projections for 2013 aren’t exactly irrefutable.

Sometimes it’s OK to acknowledge that the other person’s point has more merit than you thought it did. It makes you more credible. Refusing to give an inch does the opposite.

If you want to be truthful, GR3 lost money the moment he came to UM. Should have went to a up tempo, fast break, motion offense.