Game 6: Chattanooga at Michigan Open Thread

I’d like to see Johns get a nice power dunk to get a taste of success.

Biggest difference when the backups come in is the amount of easy looks the other team gets.

2 Likes

lol, castleton looks tiny out there…

Is this pretty much it for the guy that Beilein will want to redshirt?

don’t want to reignite the redshirt debate… but it’s pointless.

He doesn’t play in a B1G game unless an injury occurs

Let’s go get NC!

Cautious optimism guys, cautious optimism. UNC is a very well coached team. If we continue to play this way we should win, but we all know what happens when a 3pt shooting team gets hot.

Love our chances. NC has been in Las Vegas for a couple days, has to travel back home and then head out to Michigan for a 9:30 tip on Wednesday.

1 Like

I look forward to Dylan’s pregame write up. Today they shot 30/60, 11/24 from 3 and 17/23 FTs with 5 guys in double figures with 20 assists and 6 TOs. It should be a great matchup.
EDIT: Game wasn’t over. 31/64,11/24, 21/28.

Michigan vs. UNC will be a big one. You know UNC will turn up. I wouldn’t be shocked if Williams finally lets Little off the leash some versus us, because talent needs to be on the floor vs good defenses. Only thing that can counter good defense is tough shots and plays being made. If they don’t let Little go I’d be stunned. Got to lock up Coby White, Luke Maye and Johnson as well. No team has been better tested early on this season than UNC, so I’m not as optimistic as everyone else seems to be in this thread. They’ve played at Wofford, who is a stacked mid major team, at Elon, Stanford at home and Texas last night. It’ll be a war I think.

1 Like

I think Livers on Maye would be a miserable matchup for Maye.

1 Like

As you know more than anyone here, Coach, that is the REAL Eli Brooks. I think he has a lot of moxie. He’s a heady player who can contribute in a lot of ways! Dylan called it the three point guard lineup, I called it Eli playing the three! In case you didn’t know I’m a big fan!

2 Likes

FWIW… Beilein said he was just spitballing a bit there and wanted to force DeJulius onto the floor. Don’t think that’s really something you’ll see a lot of.

I think we saw why DeJulius and Johns don’t come off the bench often. They have bright futures, but they’re simply not good enough right now to cut Brooks and Livers’ minutes.

1 Like

I actually think DeJulius’ shot attempts look relatively good, they just aren’t close to going in. His shot creation off the dribble though seems miles ahead of what Eli or X could bring to the table as freshmen and maybe even now. It’s good that Brooks has been so solid, so we don’t actually need DeJulius to be ready before he gets there on his own, but I think his long-term scoring potential is probably the highest ceiling of the 3 PGs right now

1 Like

Right now I have full faith in any of our top 7. Davis is fine for certain matchups. But the top 7 have looked so good since Villanova. Defense locked in, and offense has been getting better and better.

Iggy’s jumper looked really good tonight, and he seemed much more confident in it. That’s huge. Along with Livers, Brooks, and Poole we may have enough shooting to unlock the spacing.

Livers will Guard Little quite a bit I think. Little is best as a PF for UNC in my opinion.

Ahhhh, no, I don’t think we will. I was just making the point that Eli is a heady player, a versatile player, and he did play the three, for whatever reason. But, no, unless there is some absolute emergency I don’t think it’s something we can expect to see.

I’m pretty sure Coach Hay understood the point I was making. Perhaps I should have sent him a private message. :slightly_smiling_face: