Game 4: Michigan vs. George Washington Open Thread

Johns looks comfortable on the wing

1 Like

They should be talking about CM or X or even Poole. All with huge games.

why Davis not in even in garbage time?

Frosh ruining our kenPom numbers

1 Like

Nunez did not include these shots in his YouTube highlight reel

5 Likes

Kenpom should be smart enough to discount the garbage time

I think heā€™s out todayā€¦rolled his ankle at NOVA.

Thanks. more minutes to Johns

Rolled ankle @ Nova

Freshman/end of bench players outscored 16-3 in the last 5:30ā€¦ woof was that ugly! Great win, nonetheless! Great to see Poole back on track

1 Like

Muted it after they started some weird Iggyā€™s hair/Costanza personality metaphor

2 Likes

Does anyone else see some similarity in the games of Livers and Draymond Green? (I am not saying Livers is as good (yet))

Like Draymond, Livers looks comfortable doing everything and anything, on the court regardless of who he is guarding him and regardless of who he is guarding. I am shocked by how good his ball handling looks. Was Draymond looking this good the beginning of his sophmore year? I donā€™t remember.

He looks like a veteran out there directing his teammates.

With how good he is looking at the 5 I am no longer buying the notion that there is more opportunity for Johnā€™s at the 5. Please give Johnā€™s some minutes on the wing JB, and go all in with Livers putting serious minutes in at the 5.

1 Like

In his Sophomore year, Green averaged a 9/7/3 with a block and a steal - he wouldnā€™t start taking 3ā€™s until his Junior season. Livers is probably not as good a rebounder (likely never will be), but, and itā€™s odd to say this given that Green is probably one of the most versatile defenders in the modern era of the NBA, I think Livers as a college Sophomore is more versatile as a defender than Green was. Greenā€™s defensive quality was held back in college by conditioning problems.

When I see Livers, particularly on defense, Iā€™m wowed at how he not only ā€œcanā€ guard most positions on the floor (maybe not PG?) but that heā€™s actually good at defending them - which is something Iā€™d say for Draymond Green, the NBA player. Liversā€™ growth is very impressive - I think itā€™s entirely possible he is, right now, a better player than say DJ Wilson ever was.

1 Like

Defensively - a bit. Only because he can guard pretty much every position. Offensively, not really. Draymond was a playmaker. You could run the offense through him. Havenā€™t seen anything like that from Livers. Heā€™s a 3 & D player at this point.

2 Likes

Same Rothstein that didnā€™t have Michigan in his preseason top 25. Guy is a clown.

3 Likes

I do. Mentioned it the other day. Undersized vertically, but very strong and athletic.

For those that missed the game like more or just want to see full highlights. Whoever this is has done all the other Michigan games and several other mainstream ones for other teams too. He earned my sub on the Tube.

2 Likes

Subscribed to him last year. Good idea, bringing his work to the board