Game 28: Wisconsin at Michigan Open Thread

I am sure they had to take a mold of his face and have a mask made specifically for him. That actually takes some time, though it IS the University of Michigan, after all, so I’m pretty sure Eli’s mask will be a high priority item for the maker of his mask. My daughter who works at Mary Free Bed Hospital said there is usually a 10 day or two week turn around on the masks they order and have made for their patients. I’m guessing Eli’s mask will be available much sooner. I’m guessing they don’t think a generic plastic mask is acceptable.

1 Like

PG: X (35), DDJ (5)
SG: Franz (25), DDJ (15)
3: Livers (30), Franz (10)
4: Johns (25), Castleton (10), Livers (5)
5: Teske (25), Davis (15)

I would try this over starting DDJ at the 2. Just not enough guard depth if somebody gets into foul trouble early.

The issue with going bigger is that you could enable Potter to play more minutes.

It probably doesn’t matter anyway as Davison is going to draw an early foul or two on whoever is at the 2 and throw off the whole rotation.

2 Likes

Brandon Johns in the starting lineup for Michigan. That means Franz Wagner and Isaiah Livers move down a spot to help cover at the two.

MattD said Franz could never play 2 in college!!!

4 Likes

Wisconsin is already a fundamentally aggravating team to play. This does not help.

Hopefully it’s just an issue of getting the right mask and not that he has any issue breathing while he’s playing.

1 Like

My blood pressure is already rising due to my untethered hatred of Wisconsin basketball. I hope they have their worst shooting night of the season and we destroy them.

4 Likes

Oh here we go. Only 25 minutes until tip…we don’t possibly have time to go over everything Matt D has been wrong about!

1 Like

Surprising move to start Johns. Hope it works out.

2 Likes

That is one big lineup for a college team.

We really have to avoid foul trouble. I don’t know how much we can rely on from the bench.

Slow pace and Wisconsin doesn’t draw many fouls. We should be ok. Knock on wood.

1 Like

Experiment with Johns at the 4 and the big lineup, especially with Livers and Franz able to initiate offense off ball screens now. Then potentially finish the game with DDJ replacing Johns if that lineup is working better.

I hate that we’re gonna have to play 2 bigs at some point now. Letting them get their 5 best guys on the floor.

Brooks will be missed big time against Wisco. They funnel teams into those step in twos that Brooks is good at. Gonna be hard to fill in for that

2 Likes

Next man up and win. GO BLUE!

1 Like

At the same time we are probably going big to get our best 5 guys on the floor. Johns has more potential for a big game than DDJ.

• Oh, nevermind… I thought you were talking about the starting lineup

Do we have Dackich tonight?