Game 18: Penn State at Michigan Open Thread

If Livers doesn’t come back? Sure. Definitely not.

The transition is failing–really? Now that’s a hot take.

2 Likes

Even with him back it seems unlikely at this point.

We’re 11-7, way underwater in conference, look poorly coached, and are getting stuffed by a good but not great team on our home court. We’re in a lot of trouble.

For a while now, this season has reminded me of ASU’s season when they were #2 early and ended up getting a gift of a Dayton slot.

5 Likes

Fair enough, but they weren’t ready to play smart and together, imo.

True but UCLA and ASU both have five stars coming in too. He could be convinced that teaming up with Bagley or Nix could put those squads over the top too

1 Like

That had to be a charge or a block. Sure looked like a forearm push off, similar to what Simpson did.

Exactly if you cannot win this game the team is just not that good

Simpson is not the problem. The problem is that he has to be our offense tonight because no one else has shown up.

4 Likes

We’re in trouble. Like not-going-to-make-the-tournament trouble.

4 Likes

Agreed. And if they didn’t look much better with their best scorer I’d be incredibly concerned about the future. Alas…

1 Like

agree, of all the players to blame simpson would be the last on my list

3 Likes

I would take a Dayton spot right now.

3 Likes

I didn’t flag you, FWIW. Don’t think your comment was particularly insightful or interesting, but I just ignored it.

3 Likes

A couple observations:

DDJ getting two quick fouls in H1 really were killer. The team needed him to be a microwave at that point.

Franz would have been more engaged offensively had he made the early layup. He is similar to his brother, where if he makes early shots he is more engaged in the flow of the game.

Not to blame a kid not on the court for this one, but Castleton having such an atrocious year and giving us nothing is an absolute killer. I was expecting so much more.

Well maybe that was harsh…but the transition is not succeeding. Just because you’re a FAB5 does not make you a great coach. Lots too prove, but this is painful given the cupboard was not empty when he arrived.

2 Likes

I don’t know that we look poorly coached. I’m seeing us get lots of wide-open threes, only to shoot 10% on them.

11 Likes

Again, if you are ignoring the fact that our best scorer is injured then sure. And if you assume he will be out for the rest of the year? Again, sure. Massive trouble. I agree. However, I do not think Livers will be our for the season and I was pretty pleased with the team when he was healthy.

4 Likes

The problem is we have dug such a hole that even if he came back next game I don’t know that we get to .500. And you can expect that Livers will be rusty so we likely lose his first game or two back regardless.