Game 16: Michigan at Illinois Open Thread

Ha! It was a good call after all!

1 Like

Good no call…bounced off the Illinois player…JP with the free ones!

Not just him. Our on ball defense is lacking tonight.

I think I’ve counted 5 buckets he’s been beaten off the bounce on so far

1 Like

Really tough offense to guard. A lot of different rules and reads than you are used to dealing with defensively.

1 Like

So now we have X doing running hooks and (inadvertent) And1 Mixtape moves?

AKA “watch out when he gets the players he wants.”

I think the same player may have swiped it on a reach too… regardless. It was the right call. T 'em up!

Brad Underwood throwing his jacket into the stands has bumped him up my list of favorite opponent coaches

4 Likes

They seem to be finishing at the rim way too much this half. Need to tighten up D.

We’re struggling with how they speed teams up - as not great as they are, they actually speed you up more than some of the better teams that try to do the same. They are crazy athletic at a few spots…

Really not clear yet if we’ll be a team that plays up and plays down, so I hear you on the +9. Would love to not dabble in a single digit finish, but we’ll see. Raftery is already on my very last nerve. Such a clear not double dribble. The other guy with Raftery has also just said some stuff that is downright disrespectful.

1 Like

I think the D and the turnovers will be cleaned up in the 2nd half

The defense is allowing .81 points per possession FWIW. As many “ugh, what an obvious breakdown 2s” as they score… they still can’t really make threes and insist on posting No. 15 constantly.

1 Like

Wow, Underwood worked really hard for that BS makeup call on the other end.

2 Likes

Getting scorched on some man to man D and that’s what happens. They’re way too athletic to make up for getting beat that bad after the fact. Poole has gotten smoked a few times.

This has been a typical Illinois game. We’re sped up and turning it over at a high rate, but scoring on most other possessions. It may muck up the game, but unless the Illini make an adjustment on O, this game should be a W.

1 Like

No one has fun playing them, even the 11 teams that beat em :slight_smile:

1 Like

Michigan is already defending that handoff play better. Now they have to work on defending that lob action and post play.

Charles is the best help side defender on the team…he is seeing the floor. Ball you man.