Game 15: Purdue at Michigan Open Thread

Everyone needs to go back to this game and watch the first ~35 minutes, then compare it to the end of the game/OT when we had Brooks/ Franz playing 3 and 4. The spacing was insanely better an Simpson did what he does and DDJ/Franz were able to make some plays. This is why we won. That’s the real takeaway for me. And Teske is either facing bad luck on D or somehow regressing.

11 Likes

Lots of good and lots of bad tonight. Best of all was finding a way to persevere and get the W

2 Likes

This team will have to junk games out like this to win. The league is rugged.

and we couldnt do this against state because we would have gotten eaten alive inside, so instead we got eaten alive by winston

100% believe it is some sort of bad luck. You go back and watch the games, and the only take aways are “we need to double team down low” and “good offense beats good defense”.

Maybe, but we ate them alive inside (9/16 I think? If i remember Dylan’s recap correclty) and got ran. Maybe taking it inside would’ve been better? Who knows? I’m not criticizing our choices vs. MSU. It’s a tough call rolling with 3 6’0 players in today’s game. I get that. 2 of 3 happen to be really great defenders and dogs on D, however, and all 3 are hungry rebounders. Still feel like it’s worth a try most games.

2 Likes

As Dylan keeps pointing out, though, who do you bring in to spell X if his backups are in his line? Worked in the OTs because we weren’t subbing no matter what.

X can play 35-36 minutes a game IMO. I don’t see that as significantly limiting.

Mock rotation here. You can’t play that lineup the whole game, but you need to be getting it on the floor as much as you can.

2 Likes

His luck (Charles) graduated.

I always extend the game an hour on my DVR! Seriously! :grin:

1 Like

I like that, but even then, you only get about 15 minutes of your best lineup. Can’t wait for Isaiah.

1 Like

Obviously the livers injury is very frustrating, but in the last 30 days Juwan has discovered two unique lineups gong forward that could help us.

1. Johns at the 5(not a result of the Johns injury)

2.wagner at the 4

3 Likes

We can complain about our injury issue with Livers, but Haarms injury was a huge development tonight. Allowed us to unlock our newfound best lineup with Wagner at the 4, which may not have been possible if he was in the game. Plus not having him in the middle against those drives helped immensely.

6 Likes

I usually do 30 mins. But, I used some DirectTV feature that auto records all Mich BB and Football so I forgot about that “feature”. And it’s an FS1 game so can’t expect a replay in next few days either.

Trevion was possessed tonight. When he hit that three…I mean what can you say. One of the bench players for Purdue had the weirdest sort of sheepish look on his face, as of to say, “Oh my, never seen him do that before…” Trevion couldn’t be stopped at the rim tonight. He’s just so big and strong but when he hits those little 8-10-12 footers including the step back, I mean really…he was possessed. And he hit them over a 7’1 guy in Teske!

3 Likes

Here you go, homie

4 Likes

I think this is a GREAT point!

Well at least one of those guys you were right about :slight_smile: